Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

What Are Atahualpa Page Options/how to remove

Old Jul 28, 2009, 10:27 AM
gradlebum

22 posts · May 2009
Hey All,

I noticed when I was creating a page that further down the page there are Atahualpa Page Options and under this one can fill in the following:

Body single pages
Body title multi post pages
Meta title
Meta keywords
Meta description

Can someone give me a brief description of what one would put for these and what the purpose of these options are?

Thanks,

Gradlebum
Old Aug 4, 2009, 05:12 PM
thiscatcancook

2 posts · Mar 2009
Send a message via AIM to thiscatcancook Send a message via Yahoo to thiscatcancook Send a message via Skype™ to thiscatcancook
Also if I change the title of the post, I have to change it in this section as well. Is there a way to disable this behaviour?
Old Aug 8, 2009, 06:02 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
=============================
UPDATE: See post #14
=============================

To remove that you'd have to delete the whole section in functions.php starting with

/* CUSTOM BODY TITLE and meta title, meta keywords, meta description */

up to the last closing ?> at the very last line of functions.php, but leave that last ?> in there

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 27, 2010 at 07:30 AM.
Old Oct 2, 2009, 05:54 AM
extremecarver

126 posts · Jul 2009
Attention - the above advice deletes my right sidebar on 344 (it blocks the space, but does not display at all), however only on subpages, not on homepage/frontpage - also not on error 404 pages.
With 342 this was still working.

I will have to downgrade to 342 - because Atahualpa Page Options break my page titles (qtranslate problem)
Old Oct 9, 2009, 10:48 PM
Cheesewater

3 posts · Sep 2009
I'd also like to tack on to this topic.

The "Atahualpa Page Options" and "Custom Fields" areas on the Edit Page interface of WP are truncating the values I put in the "body title" boxes. I have a page title of several words but values I put in the boxes marked "Body Title Single Pages", "Body Title Multi Post Pages", "bfa_ata_body_title", and "bfa_ata_body_title_multi" are being truncated somewhere down the line, even though it shows properly after saving the edits.

WP 2.8.4
Atahualpa 3.4.3

Last edited by Cheesewater; Oct 9, 2009 at 10:52 PM.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 04:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what are the actual vaues you put in them (so it can be tested)
Old Oct 10, 2009, 12:02 PM
Cheesewater

3 posts · Sep 2009
The page title is:

The Five "W"s and an "H"

It seems to be holding up now, though. It hasn't truncated the value in about 12 hours so maybe it's okay now. I had to re-input and save about five different times though. I would save it and it would look fine, then I'd reload the page maybe ten minutes later and it would truncate the title to just "The Five" and I'd have to go back and input it again.
Old Oct 11, 2009, 11:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It's possible that depending on weither you used a single quote or double quote, the title was getting parsed by the code somehow. Just a possible cause...
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:59 AM
scmittal

3 posts · Jul 2009
Can you please let me know the purpose of these page options? So far, I have been using the theme without filling these out. But I would like to know if I am missing out on some nice feature. Thanks.
-Subhash
Old Feb 22, 2010, 01:40 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
it allows you to have a different post title on a single page verses a multi post page
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:47 PM
mcd

12 posts · Jul 2009
i use the feature in order to hyperlink the headline back to the original source on single-post pages, but maintain the headline link to a page on my blog on multi-post pages.

however, the single-post body title does get truncated down to "<a href=" after i publish, and to edit the post requires copying the data from the custom field box and pasting it back into the single-post box - otherwise the links are lost.

frustrating.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 10:14 AM
csb

3 posts · Nov 2009
I've been having the same problem with the page options. Once a title is entered into the bfa_ata_body_title or bfa_ata_body_title_multi fields, it is permanent. I can't edit or delete the box, so the only way to change it is to create a new post.

I also had quotations in a page title that was fine at first, but now it truncates at the first quotation mark.

So I'd like to get rid of the custom fields! I deleted the code in the functions.php file, but when I go to create a new post, the custom fields box is still there. Any ideas?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 02:13 AM
Mona

1 posts · Apr 2010
The same problem here!
Tried to wipe out the code in functions.php as described - but it only took away the Atahualpa Page options box - it didn't solve the problem of not being able to change a page title by changing the words in the page title field.

Is there any solution at this point or will it be solved in the 3.4.7-version?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 07:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
There is actually two part to this fix
Part 1 - edit functions.php and delete lines 491-630 (version 3.4.6). This code can be identified by the first line being
HTML Code:
/* CUSTOM BODY TITLE and meta title, meta keywords, meta description */
and ends just before the line
HTML Code:
// Since 3.4.3: Add Spam and Delete links to comments
DO NOT DELETE TO THE END of function.php or you will get rid of some added features. Removing this code will prevent any NEW posts from having the custom fields 'bfa_ata_body_title' and 'bfa_ata_body_title_multi' from being created, however previously created posts may have those fields and they will be used in the title, which brings us to part 2

Part 2 - delete the two custom fields and contents from existing posts
this next step involved deleting some rows from teh database.
1) backup your database!!! and make sure it is a good copy
2) using phpMyAdmin select yout wordpress database
3) select the 'SQL' tab
4) enter the following SQL statement. MAKE SURE the prefix matches your own, if you changed wp_' to something else, you must change it in the SQL statement.
HTML Code:
delete * FROM `wp_postmeta` WHERE meta_key like 'bfa_ata_body_title'
and press 'GO'
this should remove any existing custom fields so you can change the titles on all posts.

Last edited by juggledad; May 24, 2010 at 06:03 AM.
Old May 17, 2010, 02:25 PM
RTC

4 posts · Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradlebum
Hey All,

I noticed when I was creating a page that further down the page there are Atahualpa Page Options and under this one can fill in the following:

Body single pages
Body title multi post pages
Meta title
Meta keywords
Meta description

Can someone give me a brief description of what one would put for these and what the purpose of these options are?

Thanks,

Gradlebum

Yeah, this would be good, somehow I do not get it as well.
juggledad wrote: it allows you to have a different post title on a single page verses a multi post page

but I think "Can someone give me a brief description of what one would put for these and what the purpose of these options are?" is not really answered.

Thanks
RTC
Old May 19, 2010, 07:34 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Juggledad, using that SQL query shows the affected posts, but does not remove the fields. I have pages and pages of them to remove, so can you give the statement for finding and removing all the affected fields?

But, since the ATA custom title fields show up only in the custom fields part of the old posts, is it OK to just leave them? I don't think they'll bother our users if they show up only there, because there will probably be no need to be editing the titles of old posts in the future.
Old May 24, 2010, 06:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
select...delete... you would think I'd know the difference. Sigh. It should have been 'delete' (I changed it in the above post)
Old Oct 26, 2011, 11:16 AM
lfone

1 posts · Oct 2011
Hello everybody, my first question in this forum!
juggledad please:
/ *delete * FROM `wp_postmeta` WHERE meta_key like 'bfa_ata_body_title' */
do we have to delete also the meta_key bfa_ata_body_title ?
Thank's
Old Oct 12, 2014, 10:34 AM
Talker

12 posts · Dec 2009
Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulae
Juggledad, using that SQL query shows the affected posts, but does not remove the fields. I have pages and pages of them to remove, so can you give the statement for finding and removing all the affected fields?

But, since the ATA custom title fields show up only in the custom fields part of the old posts, is it OK to just leave them? I don't think they'll bother our users if they show up only there, because there will probably be no need to be editing the titles of old posts in the future.
Am weary of changes that cause added problems.
I do need to change parts of old titles.
Using Atahualpa 3.5.3, and am ready to puke looking for the referenced items to correct the TITLE issue.
Did try the Atahualpa upgrade and my blog lost the full header portion, so reverted back to the old.
These Atahualpa changes reminds me of Win 8.1, which I view as an unusable OS for desktop users.
Still looking for a understandable answer to what used to be a simple process.

How can one simply change a published post, title?

Last edited by Talker; Oct 12, 2014 at 11:18 AM. Reason: add a line
Old Oct 12, 2014, 01:41 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You need to change the title, obviously and you also need to change the title in the Atahualpa box that is under the editor.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 04:14 PM
Talker

12 posts · Dec 2009
Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
You need to change the title, obviously and you also need to change the title in the Atahualpa box that is under the editor.
Thanks for the help, but:

Sheesh, how disgusting, this all is.
A simple title change is what is desired.
I've changed the Title in three places and still no real title change happens.
------------------------
What is actually showing:
# 5 Oil of Oregano # 1: Updated 1/13/2008
--------------------------
[b]Main Title in post should be after change
# 5 Oil of Oregano # 1:Updated 10/10/1014
---------------------------
Under the Edit segment

Title Tag (optional) - Enter your post/page title
-------------------------------
also Under the Edit segment

Title:
Enter a custom title to be used in the title tag. %title% is expanded to the current title.
----------------------------------
So I'm missing some thing, or some thing is not working.

Last edited by Talker; Oct 13, 2014 at 06:06 AM. Reason: clarify
Old Oct 13, 2014, 03:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
can you describe the locations a little better using something like
dashboard->posts->edit->Atahualpa APost options->Body Title Single Pages
or use a screen print.

I have no idea what you mean when you say
Quote:
Under the Edit segment

Of course, I'm using version 3.7.18 of Atahualpa and lots has changed - 3.5.3 is ancient history now...
and are you sure this is not from a plugin (You did disable all your plugins as a first step...right?)

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 13, 2014 at 03:17 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 09:12 AM
Talker

12 posts · Dec 2009
Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
can you describe the locations a little better using something like
dashboard->posts->edit->Atahualpa APost options->Body Title Single Pages
or use a screen print.

I have no idea what you mean when you say

Of course, I'm using version 3.7.18 of Atahualpa and lots has changed - 3.5.3 is ancient history now...
and are you sure this is not from a plugin (You did disable all your plugins as a first step...right?)
You ask/say:I have no idea what you mean when you say
Under the Edit segment
--------------------
Those are what is under the editor of the post where I want to change the post title..
Old Oct 13, 2014, 12:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm truly sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. Please attach a screen shot of the place where you are having a problem.

Also disable ALL your plugins and see if the problem exists
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:11 PM
Talker

12 posts · Dec 2009
Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talker
You ask/say:I have no idea what you mean when you say
Under the Edit segment
--------------------
Those are what is under the editor of the post where I want to change the post title..
Finally found the way to change the Title.
On Atahualpa 3.53
One needs to go to :
"Custom Fields"
Apply 'Title' changes there.