Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Can anyone recommend a method to insert a table so I can list things for sale?

Old Oct 23, 2009, 07:58 AM
cdgeorge

11 posts · Oct 2009
I would like a table that would simply allow me to put in headings: category | manufacturer | name | summary | retail | price - and even a small picture of the product perhaps.

Or any other method / widget that would easily let me refresh listings for sale.

It must be easy to update so that I am not the only one updating it if possible.

Many thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 10:29 AM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
You could try the TinyMCE Advanced plugin that was recommended to me for adding tables by paulae at this thread:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3837
Old Oct 23, 2009, 11:49 AM
cdgeorge

11 posts · Oct 2009
Thanks I tried that and yes is does help me create a table but I have dismissed this idea now.

I am looking for a gallery listing function perhaps a suitable gallery plugin would be better allowing me to put an image over to the far left with descriptions along that row.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 07:10 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
There are several classified ads plugins that might work for you.

The Next Gen Gallery plugin could also work. Or you could create a photo gallery with Lightroom or Aperture or other non-Wordpress methods and just link to them.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 05:22 PM
cdgeorge

11 posts · Oct 2009
Thanks again - I have just read this and never thought to search for the term 'classified ads' - you're very good at getting back to me. I shall try some of those gallery ideas out too... let's see how I get on this time and I will report back with my choice
Old Oct 25, 2009, 06:15 AM
cdgeorge

11 posts · Oct 2009
Incidently paulae - I found this thread of yours: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1006 - an integrated classified that free and paid for sounds ideal - did you ever find your ideal solution here?
Old Oct 25, 2009, 06:34 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
No, I never found the right classified plugin that will let me have both paid and free ads. Still looking!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 07:01 AM
cdgeorge

11 posts · Oct 2009
Interesting - you might need to install Worpress MU.

I am messing with embedding google docs spreadsheet into the theme and this - so far - is working well and shows off a good listing with prices (not suitable for images though but will link to a gallery).

And of course to update the listing you just update the google doc spreadsheet which makes it easier for the customer.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 04:23 AM
cdgeorge

11 posts · Oct 2009
Actually I am going to have to start a new thread here because whereas I like the idea of integrating Google docs into the theme it seems that the search will not locate the text within these documents for some reason....