Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Aesthetic Changes - Adding Image To Bar1, Adjusting Footer/Copyright Layout

Old Feb 12, 2009, 10:49 AM
mannitol

6 posts · Feb 2009
UK
Hi everyone,

I've got a couple of questions though and I can't find the answers on this forum so I hope someone can help me out

1. My page is setup like so:

bar1, logo, navigation, bar2

I would like to add two small icons in bar1 - a client login image/link and maybe admin login image/link. Is this possible? I found I can get an icon to appear above bar1 using additional css/html..can I not add it in bar1? If it has to go above, that's not a problem but leads to the next question:

2. I have a thin white border either side of my page, how can I remove this so the WP design fills the screen? I think I have overlooked something simple! If I add the icon above border1, it increases this white gap at the top. How would I change the colour of it; however I would like this top bit and bar1 to be the same colour, and not to just replace all the white with all the new colour. Ok, silly me. The white has gone I didn't adjust the layout width to 100%! It will appear again if I add the image above bar1 though..

3. I can't find where I can change the layout of the footer? I'd like the copyright on one side, then on the other a link to our terms of service, plus a smaller font size.

4. The white space is also underneath the footer. How am I able to remove this; so the coloured footer is the bottom of the page (so to speak). Ok, it seems that if I add some more content it will work properly!

5. Finally - I can't get a page title to work. I added the HTML title tags on the css/html tab but it didn't seem to work I don't have a blog title though as I didn't want it to show up on my logo! Adding it back into Settings works fine, maybe this theme didn't display the title or my logo sits ontop of it.

Edit: New questions: how can I de-link the header on the home page (affordable hosting..) and how am I able to alter the font of the Widget Sidebar title text (Why Us?)? Sidebar title text can be found in style.css - it is h3.

Last edited by mannitol; Feb 13, 2009 at 04:41 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 07:47 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
3. See the menu tab footer. At "footer content" you can put any HTML, such as

HTML Code:
<div class="footer-left"> ... content on the left </div>
<div class="footer-right"> ... content on the right </div>
Then add HTML/CSS Inserts -> CSS Inserts

HTML Code:
div.footer-left {
width: 50%;
float: left;
font-size: 0.8em;
}

div.footer-right {
width: 50%;
float: right;
font-size: 0.9em;
}
Re: titles: You can turn off the blog title in the header at A. Theme Options -> Header
If you mean titles of "Page" pages or posts, you'd add those when you write a post/page, you don't need to add HTML or CSS anywhere
Old Sep 16, 2009, 04:58 AM
johullster

17 posts · Sep 2009
Brighton, UK
Hello

I've been trying to figure out how I change the colour of the title in sidebar widget. I've looked in style.css - it is h3. but can't find anything there.

grateful for your help

thanks

http://reflexologyinbrighton.com/
Old Sep 16, 2009, 11:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
check out ATO->Style Widgets
Old Sep 16, 2009, 12:56 PM
johullster

17 posts · Sep 2009
Brighton, UK
I've turned every option in that form to white #ffffff and none of them have made the title text turn white, can you advise which part of the section I need to address?

thanks for your help juggledad
Old Sep 16, 2009, 05:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Widget Title
Old Sep 17, 2009, 07:09 AM
johullster

17 posts · Sep 2009
Brighton, UK
thanks

what exactly do I have to write to make the change?

cheers
Old Sep 17, 2009, 07:48 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you chave to use the css that will change the text color, so 'color: #ffffff;' should do it
Old Oct 3, 2009, 02:03 AM
johullster

17 posts · Sep 2009
Brighton, UK
Thanks Juggledad

All sorted, thanks for your help.