Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Make child pages appear in menu when parent page is clicked?

Old May 26, 2014, 06:08 AM
RHCdG

170 posts · Nov 2009
Netherlands
Hi,

My site has a lot of pages. I have been using a plugin called Hierarchical pages, which works very nice but the load on the site is very high. I am using WP's built-in menu's now but the result is not the same. The way I have it now, under 'Afzonderlijke werken' (the 3rd left menu widget) is that child pages are not displayed, or, under 'Kritieken' (the 5th left menu widget) are permanently displayed (because I added them manually to the menu). The idea, however, is to have the menu widgets to display child pages only when the respective parent page link in the menu is clicked. Is there any way to achieve this, please?

Thanks,
Rutger
Old May 26, 2014, 06:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
When you start using menu widgets you are outside the relm of the theme. That said you could probably use CSS to hide all the sub menus (display:none and then use the 'body.page-id-xx' as a prefix to set a 'display:block;' on the page where you want them.
Old May 26, 2014, 02:53 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I would test a few menu plugins. I have seen menu plugins that I think would do what you want.