Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] How to put color on the right and left side of the menu bar? (the whole colo

Old Jun 4, 2009, 03:59 PM
nasu

34 posts · May 2009
1) I entered the same color # both in Background color and Parent background color at ATO>Page Menu Bar, but still there are white bars/space on the left and right of the menu.
I tried and put :
ul.rMenu
{
background: #CABB3D;
}
in the ATO>CSS Inserts. But it didn't work.

2) How do I eliminate a gray outer box all around the menu bar? (I entered "Border around all menu items" to be yellow which divides menu buttons. I like that as is.)

3) How do I make menu text Bold? I'd like to make the font smaller (12 px) and bold. For now the font is larger (13 px) and not bold (as a compromise).

The site: masaueharadesign.com

Thank you!!
Old Jun 4, 2009, 05:10 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Have you added code to center the menu bar? If so what, this code is probably causing the effect.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 08:30 PM
nasu

34 posts · May 2009
That helps, but I don't know how to fix. I managed to take out the gray borders. Is CSS Inserts the place to fix so that the whole menu is one color (get rid of white space on the left and right edge of the manu bar)? What else to do? Below is what ATO>CSS Inserts box says:

h3#comments {
font-size: 1em;
}

ul#rmenu2 {
border: 0;
}

ul.rMenu
{
background: #CABB3D;
}
div.rMenu-center {
border: solid 1px #cabb3d;
overflow: hidden;
}

h3.reply {
font-size: 1.05em;
}

site: masaueharadesign.com

Juggledad, I donated last month. I'll do it again this month. Thanks.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 11:18 AM
nasu

34 posts · May 2009
Still there are white on the right and left edge of the menu bar although I learned since to add 'bold' and 'text-align: center' tag in Page Menu Bar>Font size and Face. So they're solved! I took out code to center menu bar from CSS Insert box as you, juggledad, said that is causing the problem. I've read many relevant threads for hours last night and this morning, and now I have the following in CSS Insert box. But I'm still not being able to put one solid color accross the menu bar. White on the both edge of the menu bar remain, which I'd like to remove. Please help. Thank you very much.
site: masaueharadesign.com

ul#rmenu {
background: 6E2B21;
margin: 0 auto;
width: 910px;
border: 1px solid #FFFFFF;
}

ul.#rMenu li a {
background: #6E2B21;
}
Old Jun 5, 2009, 01:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Hi, I'm trying to reproduce what you have done, What did you do to center the menu items? It was more than just putting in the CSS Inserts, did yu modify any code?

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 5, 2009 at 01:26 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 01:43 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
try this
HTML Code:
div#menu1 {
background-color: #6E2B21;
border: dashed 1px #ccc;
}

ul#rmenu2 {
color: #6E2B21;
border: 0;
width: 500px;
}
Old Jun 5, 2009, 02:03 PM
nasu

34 posts · May 2009
The way I got the menu to center is through ATO>Page Menu Bar>Font Size & Face box. I entered there:

11px Verdana, Arial, sans-serif; font-weight: bold; text-align: center

I read about it somewhere in the forum. That made the text bold and centered in the menu bar. So I took out the centering code from CSS Insert box. It used to have the following code, which I took out: (I thought it might cause a conflict)

div.rMenu-center {
border: solid 1px #FFF;
overflow: hidden;
}

So instead, now the CSS Insert box says:
ul#rmenu {
background: 6E2B21;
width: 910px;
}

ul.#rMenu li a {
}

Nothing changed. Still the menu bar has white on the both ends, which I want to be the same brown all across. Thank you for your help.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 02:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Check for a private message from me
Old Jun 5, 2009, 02:26 PM
nasu

34 posts · May 2009
Our message crossed, but I just entered what you suggested: div#menu{backgrund-color:#6E2B21 etc.
Nothing changed...
(I'd like to have at least white line between the menu tubs or all around the menu bar in addition.)
Thanks.
Old Jun 5, 2009, 05:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
once we fixed the css insert and changed the width to auto, this was fixed