Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Double home tabs and sidebar navigation question

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Aug 14, 2009, 01:06 PM
tlxreed

1 posts · Aug 2009
Double home tabs and sidebar navigation question

Hi all,

I'm using Atahualpa for the first time, somewhat of a newbie Wordpress user.

I'm using Wordpress as a CMS with static pages for the front page. A common problem with themes is that when you set the a page as static and as the front page, the navigation tabs will show the home page twice.

One fix is to make that page a child of another page but that leads to other issues.

Where I am with Atahualpa is that with the 'Exclude Pages' or 'Page Link Manager' plugins, I can hide the second home tab without having to make the page a child of another.

When I do so, however, the 'Home' link in the sidebar navigation also disappears. You can see an example at 'www.portlandlandscapeservices.com.'

Thanks for any suggestions. Where I want to get to is to have the tabs and the sidebar navigation be the same when I am using a static page as the home page.

Todd