Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Background image showing up in header?

Old Oct 20, 2009, 04:42 PM
gcarson

26 posts · Oct 2009
Hello,

Searched the site but couldn't seem to find the answer. My background image is showing up in the header image area where I want it to be white. I have a header image and opacity set to white, but where the opacity isn't, the background shows. I'm just not sure where to change the option? Thanks.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 04:46 PM
gcarson

26 posts · Oct 2009
I forgot.. had one more question that I guess would go in this category as well. Can you add a third horizontal bar? I tried adding code as follows:

div.horbartop{font-size:1px;clear:both;display:block;position:relativ e;padding:0;margin:0;width:100%;}
div.horbartop{height:10px;background:#ffffff;borde r-top:dashed 1px #cccccc}

and then added %bartop in the Configure Header Area but only %bartop showed up. Just wondering if its possible.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 04:47 PM
gcarson

26 posts · Oct 2009
wow sorry for all the posts.. but FYI.. there was no space in the word 'border' when i entered it..
Old Oct 20, 2009, 05:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
No you can't just add a %bartop and get it to work. The %logo %pages, %bar1 are tabs that are interperated by the code causing logic to be executed building the areas involved. You will have to edit the code to do somethiong like this.
There is a writeup in the gold forun about adding a %logo-overlay that you might be able to use as a guide to doing what you want. Good luck.
Old Oct 20, 2009, 05:40 PM
gcarson

26 posts · Oct 2009
Thanks, i really appreciate it. I didn't think it was an easy thing as i couldn't find it.

Do you any idea why the background image shows up in the header image area?
Old Oct 20, 2009, 05:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
what is the URL?
Old Oct 20, 2009, 05:46 PM
gcarson

26 posts · Oct 2009
sorry, http://www.soldillc.com/blog
Old Oct 20, 2009, 06:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
it's not showing thru, your image is 865X175 but your header_image area is defined as a height of 191 and the page widteh is 974 so the image doesn't fill the area.

Remember to think of layers. The background exists, then the header is layed over it. unless you define a background color for the header image or have the header image fill the space, you will see what is behind it.

Make your header image wider and taller or the header image are shorter and the page narrower.