Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Background image not showing up

Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:28 PM
Angiec

8 posts · Jan 2012
[SOLVED] Background image not showing up

Hi- Awesome theme! ATA 3.7.3

I'm trying to add a png repeating background to my site and it's coming up with a white screen- can you look at my code and see where my error lies? Thanks for your help!

My site is not yet live, but if you need to look at the back end, I can send you the u: and p: in a private message.

Code:
background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/controls-bg.png) repeat-x;

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 13, 2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:34 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What happens if you put the full path in?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:42 PM
Angiec

8 posts · Jan 2012
Thanks for the quick reply. Nothing happens... I just used this one, saved it, and refreshed the page.

background: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/controls-bg.png) repeat-x;

Any other ideas?

Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what he meant was using the fully qualifgied URL ie
HTML Code:
http://yourdomain.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/controls-bg.png
but that gets a 'not found' so the image name is wrong, otr it is not there or there is a permission issue with it.

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 13, 2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:05 PM
Angiec

8 posts · Jan 2012
This is the one I tried next...

background: url(http://yourdomain.com/wp-content/the...ontrols-bg.png) repeat-x;

You're right about it not being at that file path (I just realized that), but it's loaded in the file manager and when I double click on it, the image I created in photoshop comes up. I am baffled. What would you try next if you were me?

Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:09 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
File names are case sensitive. Your image file name as upper case letters in it but your path does not.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 01:29 PM
Angiec

8 posts · Jan 2012
I checked the capitals piece and to rule out an issue, I just re-saved it with lower case letters. I found some errors in the file extension and then I refreshed it and checked it in firebug. It appears that the page is calling up the correct file, there is additional information on the end-- and ideas?

background: url("/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/poc.png") repeat-x scroll 0 0 transparent;

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 13, 2012 at 01:43 PM.