Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

how to place and where to place a sign up box

Old Apr 2, 2009, 04:41 AM
zizi

29 posts · Mar 2009
I have a sign up box made by Constant Contact..

I was able to place at the footer of the page, just above the credits/copyright. It works great.

1) Now I thought about placing the sign up box at the right sidebar, just below my calendar and search. Where should I go to paste my Constant Contact codes ?

2) And as a second experiment, I want to place the sign up box at the head, on the opposite side of the blog logo, in this case right side. Same question.. where should I go to paste my Constant Contact codes ?

Thanks a lot, Z.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 04:45 AM
zizi

29 posts · Mar 2009
Ok I found for the sidebar.. widgets > text (add) Arbitrary text or HTML ... the copy past in the window.

Now the header ?
Old Apr 2, 2009, 07:49 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
This requires editing bfa_header_config.php, which you would have to repeat in each version. Are you sure you want to add it there? If yes, please tell want you want to keep/remove from the header, i.e. search box etc.

I am going to add widget areas in the header in the next versions which will make this easier. The header is not nearly flexible enough considering that everybody wants to change it.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 07:09 PM
zizi

29 posts · Mar 2009
Hi Flynn, you are correct, I dont need the sign in box at the header. Thank you for your great clarification and advice.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 05:48 PM
rjhindman

2 posts · Oct 2010
Hello-

I see this thread is a bit old, but it is dealing with the same issue I've hit with a site that I'm helping converting to WordPress.

What I'm trying to accomplish is having the search box show up in the upper right corner of the site on all pages. We have a 896x140 header at the top and the box needs to be above the right side of it. I've been trying to work with the %image and %logo options in the ATO but so far nothing has worked. If I only use %image, the search box doesn't show up at all, and even using %logo instead doesn't work... the search box keeps showing up slightly below the header image. I even tried to use absolute positioning but with no luck.

So do you have any suggestions on this?

Thank you,

Rick
Old Oct 10, 2010, 07:41 PM
Jonathan Kramer

2 posts · Oct 2010
I, too, an trying to add a widget to the header logo image area. In my case, to the right of the logo image so that I can insert a Google add code as html in the widget. Using version 3.5.3, but the method of adding a widget as I wish is not clear.

Thanks in advance for your guidance!

Jonathan Kramer