Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Bugfix for menus.php allowing icon customization in Menu 1

Old Aug 5, 2013, 03:26 PM
nevermoor

12 posts · Aug 2013
Bugfix for menus.php allowing icon customization in Menu 1

Hey,

I just squashed a bug that was preventing me from styling the icons in Menu 1.

The issue is that I have my blog set up to use the http://site.com/?cat=1 style of URL. When your bfa_simplify_wp_nav_menu() function ran, it created class names of cat-?cat=1, which is not valid CSS and could not be matched (at least in Chrome).

Small-scale solution is to add the following line right before adding slugs to new_classes (line 175):
Code:
$slug = str_replace (array('=', '?'), '', $slug);
Obviously, for a wide-scale production you'd want to instead use a regular expression to exclude any characters that aren't CSS class-name safe, but this worked for me.

Best part is that fixing the issue there makes the generated code on the "Using Menu Icons" admin page generate properly.

In any event, thanks for the great theme and I look forward to further unpacking it.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 05:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
there is a known bug with the way the theme handles the different forms of permalinks that has been passed onto the developer.