Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Menu question - configuration of menus across the center block

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 4, 2013, 01:20 AM
keith_h

21 posts · Jun 2013
[SOLVED] Menu question - configuration of menus across the center block

First, many thanks for the developers and supporter of Atahualpa. You folks are legends.

My problem: I am implementing a menu that's to span the entire centre block with each menu item evenly spaced out. No worries there. However the sub menus cause the top level menu to shift when accessed and I require it to be static.

My questions: how to access the sub menu without movement from the main menu, and for bonus points, can a drop shadow be added to the sub menu. I didn't choose the colours or design and I think a gentle drop shadow might help break up the red on red thing.

url to the development site: http://wholehearted.heinrich.id.au/

Software versions: Atahualpa 3.7.11, WordPress Version 3.5.1

ATO | Configure header area: %image %page-center

Code implemented:

/* the bar across the screen and border */
#bfa_page_menu {border: solid 2px #000; background-color: #A50D12;}
#bfa_page_menu div#menu1 {border:solid 2px #A50D12;} /* removes the bar at either end of the menu*/

/* format the text */
ul.rMenu li a {
color:#fff!important;
font: 14px arial,helvetica,lucida sans !important;
}

/* and spread them out */

div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:link,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:hover,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:visited,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:active
{
padding-left: 35px;
padding-right: 35px;
}

/* submenu settings*/

#menu1 .rMenu-ver a {
line-height: 1.2em !important; /* This adjusts the height of items in the submenus */
}

Many thanks in advance.

Keith