Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

thumbnail gallery of posts (as a portfolio page)

Old May 19, 2009, 12:51 PM
viewdesigninc

35 posts · Mar 2009
Does anyone know of a good plugin and/or approach to displaying a thumbnail "grid", with excerpts, that functions as a portfolio of posts. (Each thumbnail/excerpt would link to the full post/portfolio item with more description and photos. I don't want a pop-up gallery, just asimple, clean layout that is automatically updated by adding new post/portfolio items. Any ideas? I've tried various plugins, but either they don't function properly (with Atahualpa?) or they are driven by gallery uploads, rather than by posted items. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.
Old May 20, 2009, 05:44 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Check with the "Default" theme to see if a plugin issue is caused by Atahualpa. I'll try to make all fairly popular plugins work.

Have you tried this http://www.cnet.ro/wordpress/thumbnailforexcerpts/ ?
Old May 27, 2009, 01:34 PM
viewdesigninc

35 posts · Mar 2009
gallery "grid" of post thumbnails (for a portfolio)

What I need is a page that displays a gallery grid, with thumbnails and titles/excerpts, that link back to the source post for that thumbnail...(The goal is to crate a portfolio page driven by posts.) Any ideas? (The "Thumbnail for Excerpts" plugin doesn't produce the nice grid layout I'm looking for.)