Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] How do I get a center widget to display?

Old Jul 4, 2013, 06:55 PM
bakerboy

4 posts · Jul 2013
[SOLVED] How do I get a center widget to display?

I've just started using the Atahualpa theme. So far, I haven't had any problems, until now, when I tried to add a widget area to the theme to my test site, www.barryharmon.com

I looked at a lot of the threads in the widget section of the forum and didn't find this problem.

I think I followed the directions to create widget area number 2, which should display at the top of the center column, copying this code into the "style center" section:

<?php bfa_widget_area(2); ?>

Is there something wrong with this code?

The widget shows up when I edit widgets using the WP menu for the theme.

Further, the directions say to "reload a front end page" and "reload WP>Presentation>Widgets."

I've reloaded the front page several times, each time clearing the cache, and the widget doesn't show up. I've logged out and started over from scratch several times; still won't display.

I can't find "WP>Presentation>Widgets."

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

bakerboy
Old Jul 4, 2013, 09:03 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Where did you come up with your code as below?
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area(2); ?>
The instructions give the following as the simplest code.
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My new widget area'); ?>
And if you wanted a 2 celled widget area you would need to add an attribute for that such as
HTML Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My new widget area&cells=2'); ?>
Of course "My new widget area" could be any name you want to use.
Old Jul 5, 2013, 01:30 PM
bakerboy

4 posts · Jul 2013
Thanks for the correction.

I confused the widget number with the need for a name.

I changed the specification to "center top widget area," which corresponds to the name I used and everything is honky-dory.