Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Deleting Menu bar

Old Feb 10, 2009, 05:48 AM
daisy24

40 posts · Feb 2009
Deleting Menu bar

Hi Flynn,

Thank you for the wonderful Atahualpa theme. (I just made a contribution. ) I am learning html, css and think I know just enough to be dangerous.

On my test blog, http://www.ellifolks.com/testblog/ , I would like to delete the menu bar, move everything up about a 1/2 inch, and have some more peach area (about 1/4 - 1/2") area below the header image. I thought I was deleting the text from the menu bar, and it seems to have deleted the text from the sample posts. I can't figure out where to add to get more peach under the header (or where to subtract margin from top of posts area.) Nothing I tried seemed to change anything. I also can't get rid of the left-hand dashed border for the search box. I was able to delete it from the other sides of the box.

Thanks for your help!

Ellen
Old Feb 10, 2009, 06:37 AM
daisy24

40 posts · Feb 2009
I was able to get the text back.

I still can't figure out how to delete the menu bar, move everything up about a 1/2 inch, and have some more peach area (about 1/4 - 1/2") area below the header image, and remove the left dashed border of the search box.

Thank you.

Ellen
Old Feb 10, 2009, 04:02 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy24
I still can't figure out how to delete the menu bar, move everything up about a 1/2 inch,
The page menu bar is still there just invisible as you seem to have matched the colors against the background. To completely remove it, remove %pages at A. Theme Options -> Header -> Configure Header Area

Quote:
... and have some more peach area (about 1/4 - 1/2") area below the header image
Add %bar1 or %bar2 at A. Theme Options -> Header -> Configure Header Area

Your should have this there:

Code:
%logo %image %bar2
Then style %bar2 to be an invisible place holder, at A. Theme Options -> Header -> Horizontal Bar 2: Styling

Change the default settings from

HTML Code:
height: 5px;
background: #ffffff;
border-bottom: dashed 1px #cccccc;
to
HTML Code:
height: 5px;
Modify 5px for more or less space

Quote:
and remove the left dashed border of the search box.
Remove these lines from Header -> Search Box:

HTML Code:
border-top: 1px;
border-right: 1px;
border-bottom: 0;
border-left: 1px dashed #ccc;
Old Feb 11, 2009, 07:21 AM
daisy24

40 posts · Feb 2009
Thank you, Flynn! That worked. :-)

Ellen
Old Feb 10, 2009, 09:33 AM