Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

how to change size of page menu bar - via style sheet?

Old Apr 23, 2009, 12:31 PM
mamboe29

11 posts · Apr 2009
Netherlands
hi Flynn,

New to both WordPress and Atahualpa but enjoying it already, I cannot seem to figure out a way to change the size of my page menu options. I want a little more space between the page title and the "box" it is in.. Using version 3.2.2 and WordPress 2.7.1. Am also new to CSS and HTML and what have you.

I thought of trying to add some code to the Style sheet but despite changing permission rights via my control panel, the editor function does not seem to have any "save" button after I have done so..

What do I do? My URL is: http://www.madeleineboerma.com/blog/

Example of what I want: more space left and right of e.g. About me, Archives, Books so it looks spacier than now.

Very happy thus far with your theme. Cannot believe how much it allows me to customize my blog (and I am not even an experienced user yet!).

Thanks, Mamboe

ps tried to find similar question/answer but could not find one hence the new thread
Old Apr 24, 2009, 08:16 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Add this at HTML/CSS Inserts:

HTML Code:
ul.rMenu li a:link, 
ul.rMenu li a:hover, 
ul.rMenu li a:visited, 
ul.rMenu li a:active {
padding: 4px 5px 4px 5px;
}
The values above are the default values, in this order: TOP RIGHT BOTTOM LEFT
Old May 4, 2009, 09:19 AM
mamboe29

11 posts · Apr 2009
Netherlands
Hi Flynn,

Thanks. I tried but somehow it does not work yet.. Will work on it a bit more and find out or get back to you.

Thanks, Madeleine
Old May 7, 2009, 02:48 PM
Memento Vivi

9 posts · May 2009
Breda // The Netherlands
@ Flynn, thanks a lot, just what I was looking for!

@ Mamboe:
You need to change the numbers, for example:

background: #ffc800;
padding: 4px 15px 4px 15px;
}
div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand a {
padding: 4px 22px 4px 15px;
}

I also added a background-color, because I didn't want the whole menu bar, to the end of the page, to be colored, only the links of the page-menus.
And I added div#menu1... to expand the link of the pages with the dropdown-menu

For an example you can visit http://www.books.an/Curacao-webwinkel/ - nevertheless it is still under construction. I am trying to build a web shop...

Last edited by Memento Vivi; May 8, 2009 at 02:20 PM.
Old May 17, 2009, 07:51 AM
mamboe29

11 posts · Apr 2009
Netherlands
@ memento vivi,

The funny thing is, i tried just that.. I even went as far as to add the following numbers and nothing changed on my blog. Yours looks exactly like i wanted.. a bit more space before and after each page title.. Mysterious why it does not work with me. I added it in HTML/CSS inserts. I tested both 15-40 and even 100px and nothing changed left or right..

padding: 4px 40px 4px 40px;
}

What am i not getting right here?

Thanks for your reply!

Mamboe
Old May 17, 2009, 05:49 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Remove the red part from your CSS Inserts, or put it in between { ... } somewhere

h3 {
font-size: 14px;
letter-spacing:0.1em;
color:#8DB8E3;
line-height:145%;
}

font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif;

padding: 4px 40px 4px 40px;
}
Old May 20, 2009, 03:21 AM
mamboe29

11 posts · Apr 2009
Netherlands
@ Flynn,

Thank you sooooo much!!! I'm so new to CSS/HTML and had not thought of that. Thanks. It works!! You've made my day!!

Ciao Mamboe
Old May 26, 2009, 12:05 PM
flowflow

5 posts · May 2009
Nice very nice.. It works good, but, but .. page title with sub menu are not space reacting
How do I do? exemple: http://ine.bluetattoo.be/
PS Flynn, for my "page go to down" it ' is, a script from a web hacking action
Old May 27, 2009, 07:23 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Those with sub menus have an extra padding setting to make room for the arrow image. Try

div#menu1 ul.rMenu-hor li.rMenu-expand a {
padding: ....
}

The default is
padding-left:5px;padding-right:15px;

or use div#menu2 for the categories menu bar
Old May 27, 2009, 10:56 AM
flowflow

5 posts · May 2009
woow indeed it works well, thanksssssss a lot Fynn!
Old Apr 20, 2010, 01:36 PM
JennAOrtiz

1 posts · Mar 2010
I inserted this code into my CSS Inserts but it didn't work. What am I doing wrong? I'd like to add some padding to each button on the page menu without changing the size of the font.

http://newsmakerssouthflorida.com/