Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Logout link in footer fails in WP2.7

Old Mar 23, 2009, 12:54 PM
BradBrown

54 posts · Mar 2009
I found another tiny little bug in the theme. Once again, I fixed my copy, but thought I'd pass the info along.

If you use %loginout% in the footer it generates a logout link that will fail under WP2.7. This is because WP2.7 changed the way that link works.

The change I made is below. Obviously, the way I fixed it would make it fail under previous versions of WP, but I only cared about getting it to work for my version.

bfa_footer.php line 16

Original Code:
PHP Code:
$link '<a href="' get_settings('siteurl') . '/wp-login.php?action=logout">' __('Logout','atahualpa') . '</a>'
Updated Code:
PHP Code:
$link '<a href="' wp_logout_url() . '">' __('Logout','atahualpa') . '</a>'
Thanks again for all your work in creating this amazing theme!

Brad
Old Mar 23, 2009, 08:48 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Thanks, Brad

This is already fixed in 3.2.1 albeit differently
Old May 24, 2009, 04:06 PM
tfs

22 posts · May 2009
This is still broken on my system. WP 2.7.1 and Atahualpa 3.2.

When I use the logout link in the footer I get the message...

"You are attempting to log out of XXX"
"Please try again."

EDIT: Whoops... I see that you're talking about a non released version. Should I just upgrade to 3.3.3?
Old May 24, 2009, 04:10 PM
tfs

22 posts · May 2009
What this really boils down to is that under the Meta widget I don't want to see the...

* Entries RSS
* Comments RSS
* WordPress.org

...entries. All I want is Login/Logout and Site Admin. So I'm trying to add a Login/out and Admin portion to my footer instead, which is fine by me anyway.