Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Wordpress v5.5 breaks Atahualpa - but a fix has been found.

Old Aug 15, 2020, 05:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Wordpress v5.5 breaks Atahualpa - but a fix has been found.

Due to the work of one of our members (kdawes01), a way past the current issue with WP 5.5 has been found. I'll try to relase a new version tomorrow (9/24/2020) here on the forum. However, be aware that Atahualpa in no longer under development and something else could cause a problem in the future.

WordPress has finally broken Atahualpa. As of the 5.5 release, wordpress has changed something in the base code that causes Atahualpa links not to work any more.

With the dwindling use of Atahualpa and the amount of time it would take to trackdown and possible rewrite the theme to correct this issue, Atahualpa will no longer work as of WordPress version 5.5

It was a good run while it lasted.

Last edited by juggledad; Sep 23, 2020 at 06:07 PM.