Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Removing Page titles in single pages with out removing post titles

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 16, 2009, 06:48 AM
robertbrand

2 posts · Mar 2009
Sydney Australia
Layout Removing Page titles in single pages with out removing post titles

I have a drop down menu that uses the page titles. I am trying to remove the page names being repeated at the top of each single page. I have implemented code that removes it by inserting php code in the index.php file around the class="post-headline" code, but it also removes the post titles when you click on a post and it goes to a single page view.

No title looks bad. How do I keep post titles on single pages, but get rid of the repeat of the page title. It just takes up room and I have full length titles for each page anyway. Page names when used in a menu may be short such as "info", but I do not want "info" as my title for the page.

www.echoesofapollo.com

Home page is the blog. Click on any other page and the page name is gone (good)

Click on a post and the title is gone (bad)

Code that was used (from previous threads):

<!-- Post Headline -->
<?php
if (!is_page() AND !is_single()) { ?>
<div class="post-headline">
<h2><?php

if( !is_single() AND !is_page() ) { ?>
<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php
if (function_exists('the_title_attribute')) {
the_title_attribute();
}
elseif (function_exists('the_title')) {
the_title();
} ?>"><?php
} the_title();

</a><?php
} ?>
</h2>
</div>
<?php } ?>

This replaced the code in the index.php:

<!-- Post Headline -->
<div class="post-headline">
<h2><?php
<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link to <?php
if (function_exists('the_title_attribute')) {
the_title_attribute();
}
elseif (function_exists('the_title')) {
the_title();
} ?>"><?php
} the_title();
</a><?php
} ?>
</h2>
</div>

Any thoughts? regards RB

Last edited by robertbrand; Mar 17, 2009 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Added sample code and link to website