Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] trying to add facebook comments to home page to each entry

Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:51 PM
noskov

4 posts · Oct 2010
Folks,

I am a bit at a loss trying to add facebook comments blocks (using "Facebook Comments for WordPress" plugin) to each blog entry on the home page. The plugin uses the following php code to add comments to individual pages or posts - <?php if (function_exists('facebook_comments')) facebook_comments(); ?>

Any advice as to the best way to approach my task with Atahualpa plugin?

My website is crossfitlic.com

Thanks in advance.

Vadim
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:54 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
why not add it to one of teh sections at ato->Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS
or possibly you could add it to one of the sections at ato->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN
Old Oct 11, 2010, 02:12 PM
noskov

4 posts · Oct 2010
I tried but for some reason it's not working. Might be something with the way php function is passed through. not sure. It's driving me nuts ;-)
Old Oct 13, 2010, 09:37 AM
noskov

4 posts · Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
why not add it to one of teh sections at ato->Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS
or possibly you could add it to one of the sections at ato->Style & edit CENTER COLUMN
if i put the following:

if (function_exists('facebook_comments')) facebook_comments();

into the bfa_post_parts.php inside function bfa_post_bodycopy
or into the LOOP on Style & edit CENTER COLUMN

it works well but only on the individual post page

What I'm trying to achieve is to get it to work on the home page, for each individual entry. Sorry, does that make sense?
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:57 AM
noskov

4 posts · Oct 2010
i got it! it was a specific combo of settings required with the facebook comments plug-in and fitting the script into the theme after.