Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Gallery plugin with slideshow/thumbnail navigation instead of lightbox

Old Feb 20, 2012, 03:31 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
Ok, this one should be easy but it seems ridiculously difficult to find.

I'm looking for a gallery plugin with a slideshow and thumbnail navigation below.

The problems I've run into with various plugins:

-Thumbnails launch to lightbox
-Images pulled only from posts, not an uploaded gallery
-No thumbnails for navigation, only icons
-Only one gallery supported by the plugin

It's pretty straightforward. It's for a wedding photographer, so she simply wants thumbnail navigation through the slideshow across her different portfolios. Easy Nivo Slider seemed to be the closest but the thumbnails break when pulling from a gallery. Any suggestions?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:03 PM
jms5017

115 posts · Jul 2010
NY/NJ Metro area
Did you try using nivo slider with the nggallery instead of the wordpress gallery?
Old Feb 24, 2012, 03:35 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
Yes, I tried Easy Nivo Slider pulling from NG Gallery. The problem with it is that it doesn't use NGG's thumbnails. If you have it set to use thumbnails for navigation, it winds up showing a bunch of broken image links. I've searched the WP help forums and others seem to have this problem as well.
Old May 10, 2012, 03:29 AM
Hody

156 posts · Apr 2012
I am going to try out iSledex http://www.shambix.com/en/news/wordp...omment-page-7/ have you had a look on this?

There are also some forum posts about plugins to realize that. In general I tempt go go for plugins that have recent updates. I find it hard to deal with PIs that have not been updated for 200+ days