Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] Gave my home page the wrong name and now the site isn't working

Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:17 PM
kagorges

10 posts · Nov 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
Unhappy [SOLVED] Gave my home page the wrong name and now the site isn't working

I have wordpress installed in the root directory drkatiegriffin.com. I set my home page to be a static page. But then I stupidly named it welcome. So now instead of wordpress thinking drkatiegriffin.com is the home page it thinks drkatiegriffin.com/welcome is the home page. So if I look at the page source for any of the wordpress pages it refers to all the wordpress stuff as being in drkatiegriffin.com/welcome/..... and of course the stuff isn't in there because it's in the root directory which is where it would have looked if I hadn't named the home page 'welcome' but left it null.

And now I can't get into wp-admin to change it because wp-admin is in the root, but now wordpress is looking for it in drkatiegriffin.com/welcome/wp-admin.....

Is there somewhere I can fix this in the code and then have access to wp-admin again so I can rename it to nothing (null)?
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:35 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Did you change WordPress address (URL) or the site address (URL) in the WordPress general settings? Just renaming the home page to welcome should do nothing on its own.

If you did change those URLs you will have to get into the Options table of the database via your control panel and change those two URLs to what the URL of your site is.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 03:13 AM
angélica

9 posts · Aug 2010
UK
What about wp-config.php

Everything about your install is in that file, including database.

Password is there but scrambled...can always ask for new one once you get the site back.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 09:04 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can't get to the WordPress Address and Site Address setting in wp-config.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 05:22 PM
kagorges

10 posts · Nov 2009
San Francisco Bay Area
I must have changed the url in the wordpress settings -- because I was working behind an existing html site. Then when I went live, wordpress pointed to the new url.

I fixed it in the sql database options table -- thank you for your help!