Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

background image distorting

Old Mar 27, 2011, 07:48 AM
jimzook

4 posts · Dec 2010
To date I have not been able to load this background on the Atahualpa themed blog at the site listed below without it distorting. Maybe someone could take a look and see what I am doing wrong. I have attempted to follow several coding instructions I have found in the forum but I must be missing something.

http://www.cashflowtheworld.com

Thanks,

Jim
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:53 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You have both the width and height for the background image set to 100% which will distort. You can do any of the following.
  • Remove the 100% height - Now the bg image will resize without distorting.
  • My choice would be to take out both the 100$ width and 100% height and set your site to a static width of about 800px.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:02 PM
jimzook

4 posts · Dec 2010
Thanks Larry,

Got it fixed...I took the image from 1600 x 1600 to roughly 1600 x 750.

Best,

Jim
Old Mar 27, 2011, 12:04 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It still distorts though.