Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Custom Category Menu?

Old May 27, 2010, 07:42 AM
frankenkat

1 posts · May 2010
I am trying to help a friend make a custom category menu appear like this:

About page:
Page Menu: Home | ABOUT | Services | Tips| Contact
Cat Menu: History | People | Non Profit |

Services page:
Page Menu: Home | About | SERVICES | Tips| Contact
Cat Menu: Repair | Sales | Consulting | Writing

Is it possible to have a custom Category Menu Based on the particular page you are on?
Old May 28, 2010, 06:30 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you would have to hard code the CAT menu twice. Then you could use CSS to only display the one you want on a particular page.

I'd put %cats in the header area and then look at the generated code and copy it (why rebuild the wheel). Then you can use this as the basis for your two hand crafted catmenu's. Make sure to give teh main <div> a unique ID for each like "about_cat" and "service_cat". Then you substitute your handcrafted menu for teh %cat.

Next in the CSS Inserts you could use
HTML Code:
#about_cat {display:none;};
#service_cat {display:none;};
body.page-id-3 #about_cat {display:block !important;};
body.page-id-45 #service_cat {display:block !important;};
This assumes that the page ID for the about page is '3' and the ID for the service page is '45'. This will only display the category menu on those two pages.