Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Meta tags missing after adding responsive settings

Old Jan 13, 2017, 10:13 AM
Kudzu

43 posts · Nov 2009
Tennessee
Meta tags missing after adding responsive settings

I converted the atahualpa theme to a responsive theme, but now the meta tags are not showing up. I disabled the total cache plugin, thinking that was it, but it's not because I don't have that on another site and both sites stopped displaying the meta tags once I added responsive settings in the appearance > theme settings > insert code sections.

Any ideas what would be interfering with the meta tags?

Site: http://estateescape.com

Responsive settings used: http://www.amablogger.com/how-to-mak...obile-friendly

Thank you!

P.S. I am not using a plug-in for SEO. I'm using the theme's SEO settings.

I just figured out the above blog was using the instructions found here: http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=23158

Last edited by Kudzu; Jan 13, 2017 at 11:29 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 02:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
works for me, try disabling ALL your plugins and see what happens

If you still have the issue,
1) what versions of WP and Atahualpa
2) export your Atahualpa settings and attach them to a reply
Old Jan 13, 2017, 03:32 PM
Kudzu

43 posts · Nov 2009
Tennessee
Disabling the plug-ins didn't work.

I'm using WP 4.7.1 and atahualpa 3.7.24
Old Jan 13, 2017, 03:34 PM
Kudzu

43 posts · Nov 2009
Tennessee
Settings attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-estateescapecom-20170113.txt (16.9 KB, 1417 views)
Old Jan 13, 2017, 04:12 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Well, with your settings imported, I see your meta data, however looking at the source of your home page I notice several things
1) lots of extra blank lines
2) the <title> code is missing.

If you haven't made any changes to the theme code, my guess is there is a conflict with one of your plugins or (and I don't think likely) you have been hacked.
Old Jan 13, 2017, 05:24 PM
Kudzu

43 posts · Nov 2009
Tennessee
Funny how you mentioned that 'hacked' word. I have moved the site from Hostgator to InMotion Hosting. Hostgator lost control of their server for three days. They couldn't even figure out how to log into it. Over 5 million outgoing email was used by someone who gained access to the dedicated server.

But, the site has a completely new install, and a new install of the theme. I didn't import anything except the photo galleries.