Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

Parent to Subpage Template Transition

Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:25 PM
ncarron

3 posts · Jan 2011
It seems like there should be an obvious solution to my dilemma, but frustrating nonetheless. I want to be able to use the same "default template" throughout the site I'm working on. All high level pages follow the creative parameters that I want, but when I create new sub-pages the "default template" does not translate.

High level nav page example (this is what I want throughout):
http://wedding.palaniuk.net/the-wedding

Subpage (this is not translating):
http://wedding.palaniuk.net/the-wedding/ceremony

Again... all pages on the site are set to follow "default template".

Any ideas?

Thanks is advance,
Nick
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:48 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
How did you create the "default template". Typically if you want the same look throughout the site you would just configure the theme options and have no need for a template.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 01:37 PM
ncarron

3 posts · Jan 2011
Thanks...

I see what you are saying, and am about to talk with the "client side" (future bro in law) to verify if he went a little further than just adding content to the site.... Will let you know if I have further questions.

Are there any potential issues I should know about concerning the theme and/or WordPress' relationship with dynamic content (.jpgs, .mp3) being pulling into a .swf file via ActionScript and XML? I have a .swf implemented successfully but it is not pulling the required content. All of my paths are correct and work on all other platforms.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 05:24 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I am not familiar with what you are trying to do. Maybe someone else has experience in that area.