Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » FAQ - Atahualpa » Header »

[How To] Replacing the Atahualpa header image with a 'sliding door' image menu

Old Dec 29, 2009, 08:01 PM
jack96161

66 posts · May 2009
Well, here in cold California (-6C at the moment)* it is 1900 on 29 December, which I believe is 0400 30 December in Norway -- I have another new site that uses this technique you might want to check out:
http://www.raceskitrader.com/

Jack
[*Not all of California, just at 3,000m in the Sierra mountains where I am now. Going skiing tomorrow!!]
Old Dec 30, 2009, 08:04 AM
MrStark

27 posts · Dec 2009
Hi

My page, wptest.frodem.no is just as you can see of url, a test page But, how to move the header a little more to the right? picture size I guess is just to resize them a little?

MrStark

I want it too look like this, only a little bigger, look attachment. How to do this? So that the sliding images and the rest of the blog.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wp-atahualpa.jpg
Views:	3332
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	339  

Last edited by MrStark; Dec 30, 2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:00 AM
jack96161

66 posts · May 2009
The imagemenu header formatting is controlled by ...imagemenu/imageMenu.css where you can change the height and some other details of how it is formatted. For the raceskitrader.com site, I use this for #imageMenu...

#imageMenu {
height: 120px;
overflow: hidden;
padding: 10px 0px 5px 60px;
border-style: none;
margin: 0px auto;
width: 880px;

The padding line sets padding to: top=10px, right=0px, bottom=5px, and left=60px. The value for left will move the header to the right, but only a fixed amount.

Unfortunately, I haven't found a good way to actually center the header, which is what I really want in a floating page format. Any Atahualpa/CSS experts out there with any good ideas?

Jack
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:45 AM
MrStark

27 posts · Dec 2009
I updated my last post. people, please take a look att my pic

MrStark
Old Dec 30, 2009, 12:07 PM
jack96161

66 posts · May 2009
Those adjustments are Atahualpa specific -- the top area is the logo and the width, fixed or floating are both adjusted with the Atahualpha Options. Look under Style & configure LAYOUT, Header Area, etc. The beauty of Flynn's wonderful template is the number of things you can configure using his options admin page.

Jack
[I notice you are using Firefox (good!!), you might want to look at a Firefox addon that is a wonderful tool for developing web sites - https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/60

It makes analyzing web pages to see what each component of the page is, what it is labeled, and what CSS statements are controlling its format.]
Old Dec 30, 2009, 02:53 PM
MrStark

27 posts · Dec 2009
I close to satisfaction..

check out my test page is gone for the moment
There's a little too much of air on the right side, but I'm closing in Happy new year (tomorrow) people, if I'm not here tomorrow

MrStark

Page is off for the moment, starting all over again, I messed it up

Last edited by MrStark; Dec 31, 2009 at 05:46 AM. Reason: new info
Old Jan 9, 2010, 04:54 AM
keiko

5 posts · Dec 2009
In France.
Hello

Thank you for your code !

And sorry for my bad english...

I'd like this menu (for my 3 categories) in my sidebar. I use a widget that permit to insert php code in my sidebar and your code takes well effect. The problem is the little grey line due to the balise <ul>. But if i delete this balise, there are no image.

Should you help me ?

Thank you in advance !
Old Jan 9, 2010, 11:04 AM
jack96161

66 posts · May 2009
Your English is fine but my French is terrible - I think 'balise' is 'tag' in English, right?

I'm not sure what grey line you mean, could you give me a link to the page or describe what you have in your <ul> .... </ul> tags>?

I'm interested in how you did this in a sidebar!

Jack
Old Feb 18, 2010, 11:09 AM
krystyna

121 posts · Apr 2009
This was a useful thread, and I made a fabulous header using the instructions. Thanks!

What I'd like to know is how to leave the active page image open in the slider. For example, if you're on the "Services" page, how can I change the script or CSS to keep that slider image open when visitors are on that page?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:18 PM
ortixia

48 posts · Nov 2009
Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada
I have just upgraded to Atahualpa 3.6.1 and my 'sliding door images have stopped sliding. I am in the midst of troubleshooting this right now. (i have the latest wordpress install)

If anyone is having the same problem and can offer some guidance, it would be sincerely appreciated. It is pretty urgent that i fix this. As our organization site is down on maintenance mode until I fix it. Will update info here as i get it.

took maintenance mode off.. website address is www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation

Last edited by ortixia; Jan 14, 2011 at 12:30 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:36 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Have you applied the bug fixes as listed in the new versions and updating thread?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:41 PM
ortixia

48 posts · Nov 2009
No I haven't, i admit i just glanced quickly over them. Will attend to this now!
Old Jan 14, 2011, 12:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I am not certain if that will fix the issue but let us know.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 01:03 PM
ortixia

48 posts · Nov 2009
No it did not fix the error! Mind you for this site, because it was public, this I did not upgrade it since, 3.4 something, whatever the latest automatic update was. So maybe there could be a conflict with the new menu system. or i have something odd with mootools or the js file.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 01:14 PM
ortixia

48 posts · Nov 2009
Just discovered it is a conflict with Plug-in GoogleMap Shortcode.

I checked js errors through safari, and saw some conflicts, and then disabled the plug-in.
Because this happened with the update of Atahualpa (the google map shortcode has not been updated in over a year...), there is probably a three way conflict.

None the less, i will attend to a proper replacement of the other plug-in. thanks for all your help, lmiles.
Old Jan 14, 2011, 01:17 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
And thank you for taking the time to test some other possibilities ortixia. Glad you are working.
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:25 AM
Pierre

36 posts · Aug 2010
Montpellier, France
hello

From doing all what's in this post, I thought I could do it. But I'm stuck at some point.

From Firebug, I can tell the divs are here, but the pics don't appear.

Here's the website url : www.chantez-marmites.com

Seems to me I couldn't find how to properly link my images to the function.

Here's my code in Configure Header Area :

PHP Code:
%logo <div id="imageMenu">
<
ul>
<!-- 
THESE ARE THE LINKS YOU GO TO WHEN YOU CLICK ON A SLIDING DOOR IMAGE-->
<!-- 
change the href to look like this: <a href="yourlink.com"> -->
<
li class="bk1"><a href="http://www.chantez-marmites.com/presentation">Presentation.jpg</a></li>
<
li class="bk2"><a href="http://www.chantez-marmites.com/cours-de-cuisine">Cours-de-cuisine.jpg</a></li>
<
li class="bk3"><a href="http://www.chantez-marmites.com/qui-etes-vous">Qui-etes-vous.jpg</a></li>
<
li class="bk4"><a href="http://www.chantez-marmites.com/temoignages">Temoignages.jpg</a></li>
<
li class="bk5"><a href="http://www.chantez-marmites.com/tarifs">Tarifs.jpg</a></li>
<
li class="bk6"><a href="http://www.chantez-marmites.com/contact">Contact.jpg</a></li>

</
ul>
</
div>

<
script type="text/javascript">
window.addEvent('domready', function(){
var 
myMenu = new ImageMenu($$('#imageMenu a'),{openWidth:275border:2onOpen:function(e,i){location=(e);}});
});
</script> 
And here's my HTML insert / Header

HTML Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="http://www.chantez-marmites.com/
wp-content/themes/atahualpa/imagemenu/imageMenu.css">
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.chantez-marmites.com/
wp-content/themes/atahualpa/imagemenu//mootools.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.chantez-marmites.com//
wp-content/themes/atahualpa/imagemenu/imageMenu.js"></script>
Could you pls give me a hint ?

Thanks

Pierre
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:49 AM
ortixia

48 posts · Nov 2009
did you edit the css file to include the file paths of your new images?
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:50 AM
Pierre

36 posts · Aug 2010
Montpellier, France
I've just found out, my bad, but this is key :

Edit imagemenu.css and replace image names by your own image names.

Thanks a lot Firebug ;o)
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:52 AM
Pierre

36 posts · Aug 2010
Montpellier, France
thanks a lot ortixia, I just did.

And it now works fine.

Have a nice day (here it's 7 PM, I'm about to call it a day, a nice and sunny one, in my office)

Pierre
Old Feb 23, 2011, 10:58 AM
Pierre

36 posts · Aug 2010
Montpellier, France
Would you have any idea on how to have my logo (the marmite) aligned horizontally with the sliding doors please ?

Would make me a nice day ending on that one !

Thanks
Old Feb 23, 2011, 11:04 AM
ortixia

48 posts · Nov 2009
my apologies... where do you want the logo? beside the sliding doors? i have your site up.. if its beside i would be tempted to sneak it into the div, in my site that runs the sliding door www.terralingua.org/bcdconservation, i put the logo in bar1

Last edited by ortixia; Feb 23, 2011 at 11:16 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 03:16 AM
Pierre

36 posts · Aug 2010
Montpellier, France
hello Ortixia

Great website that you have, plus I'm really keen on the subject, as I'm also working for an fundation that tries to help farmers protect the earth micro-biology (ie all the life that's inside the ground) and promote local food.

What I meant was (sorry about my English), I'd like to have my site logo and the sliding-doors beside each other (logo left and sliding doors centered on the right hand side of the logo).

I couldn't make it happen in Firebug, using margins or paddings...

I'll try again this morning.

Thanks again (if you can think of something to help me out, even better)
Old Feb 24, 2011, 07:03 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Play around with these settings. You may also have to do something about the search and RSS stuff
HTML Code:
#imageMenu {
    position: relative;
    left: 200px;

#logoarea .logo {
    position: relative;
    top: 200px;
}
Old Feb 24, 2011, 09:19 AM
Pierre

36 posts · Aug 2010
Montpellier, France
Hi Larry

You're making me get better at Atahualpa every day (starting from scratch) ; thanks to all of you guys on the forum.

thanks a lot.