Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Making Ugly Plugins Pretty in Montezuma

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 23, 2013, 02:54 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Plugin Making Ugly Plugins Pretty in Montezuma

The Problem

Some plugins automatically make pages that don't fit into the MZ template system.

For this example, we will assume that the plugin makes a page at http://yourdomain.com/ugly-page that lays out as follows (even if it doesn't use the MZ grid):

Code:
header [col12]

content [col8]         | ugly
                       | sidebar 
                       | [col 4]

footer [col12]
and that you want to show your pretty sidebar. (If your plugin makes different ugliness, adjust the solutions accordingly.)

Two obvious solutions are to:
  1. Live with what the plugin makes as is; or
  2. Find a different plugin.

However, if you really want to use the plugin and still want some customization options, they are listed in the next few posts on this thread, from easiest to hardest.

All the solutions will make a new page at http://yourdomain.com/pretty-page.