Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Menu border incompatibility with IE7

Old Apr 1, 2011, 03:01 PM
ThreeTree

4 posts · Apr 2011
First time using WordPress and Atahualpa and experimenting with settings. Noticed that menu border is eliminated when choosing border same color as background and viewing via FireFox. IE7 does not eliminate the dashed border and also has column/section separators as solid lines. I changed Menu settings to solid 1px #ffffff and that cleared the border around individual items. Have not figured out how to eliminate dashed border around the menu bar. Have just requested an upgrade to WordPress 3.1 but don't think that will help. I checked the IE 7 compatibility only after doing my style edits. Will my changes cause any issues? Are newer versions of IE compatible? Here is project that I am working on - http://www.livingorgandonors.org/wordpress/
Old Apr 1, 2011, 05:34 PM
ThreeTree

4 posts · Apr 2011
Remove Dashed Borders

Having an issue with IE7. Have removed border around menu bar in FireFox but its still there in IE7. Tried the suggestion from another thread:
(div#menu1 {
border: dashed 0px #fff;
}
Border still in place in IE7. Any pointers on what to try next? I would also like to remove borders around center column and sidebar but think I should be able to modify the CSS to do that.
This is the site I am working with - http://www.livingorgandonors.org/wordpress/ Still in learning mode but making progress!
Old Apr 1, 2011, 08:00 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Do not open multiple threads for the same issue, it WILL NOT get you a faster response.
Old Apr 1, 2011, 10:08 PM
ThreeTree

4 posts · Apr 2011
First time user of WordPress templates and did not understand posting protocol. Was not trying to get a quicker response but wasn't sure of the correct category and posted in two. Thought my donation would help with response time, not posting in more than one category. Am actually attempting to get my answers first from previous posts and template documentation.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 05:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok, I see.
If you send me a PM with a complete copy of you paypal transaction, I'll make sure you are credited with it. You may have made it while not signed in or not registered and so do not have credit for it.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 05:34 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Very interesting!

the issue is not with the menu, but the %bar1. Looking at the source, I can tell you have
HTML Code:
	height: 8px;
background: #ffffff;
border-top: dashed 1px #ffffff;
in the option ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Horizontal Bar 1: Styling, so the CSS is
HTML Code:
div.horbar1 {
	height: 8px;
background: #ffffff;
border-top: dashed 1px #ffffff;	}
What is happening is that good old IE is treating the 'background' of the <div> as being INSIDE the border, but not applying the background color to the border itself. The background is transparent so you pick up the color (green in this case) behind it. Then you specified the border dashed color to be white, so you see a dashed line. sigh...MS why do you make things sooo difficult!

Anywy, you can fix it easily by just going to ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Horizontal Bar 1: Styling and changing the
HTML Code:
border-top: dashed 1px #ffffff;
to
HTML Code:
border-top: none;
Old Apr 2, 2011, 09:41 AM
ThreeTree

4 posts · Apr 2011
Thank you, helps to understand how IE handles it. Code change eliminated top border problem in IE and I'll be more effective with styling changes.