Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Forum Usage » Forum How-To »

[SOLVED] help! i cant login to my wp-admin

Old Jul 7, 2009, 12:53 PM
itsawrapjas

5 posts · May 2009
help, i tried to change something in my right sidebar and now everything has crashed and i CANT even login to my wp-admin.

can anyone please help me urgent?

thanks Josh
Old Jul 7, 2009, 12:57 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you were doing something with a widget, you shoud be able to go remove the plugin from teh plugin directory and startup wordpress again. That should get you in
Old Jul 7, 2009, 01:11 PM
itsawrapjas

5 posts · May 2009
hi,

thanks for the reply,

it wasnt a widget, i stupidly was trying to put some code into the right sidebar via the appearence editor, then everything crashed and know i cant even login to wp-admin.

i keep getting a messege saying:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '<' in /home/jessicax/public_html/learnhowtobecomeadentist.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php on line 20

my website is www.learnhowtobecomeadentist.com
Old Jul 7, 2009, 01:15 PM
itsawrapjas

5 posts · May 2009
is there anyway i can just get in and login?
Old Jul 7, 2009, 01:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You could delete the Atahualpa folder from teh themes folder, then reload it. You won't loose and styling it's all stored in teh wordpress database.
Old Jul 7, 2009, 01:32 PM
itsawrapjas

5 posts · May 2009
hi,

i tried deleting the atahualpa them folder and re-installing but i still can't login to my wp-admin and my website still wont load up, is still get the same error messege as before?

update:
i tried deleting the atahualpa theme and its now letting me into the wp-admin area.

now i can get into there I think i should be able to piece it back together, i'll keep you posted.

thanks for your kind assistance.

Last edited by juggledad; Jul 7, 2009 at 02:33 PM.