Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

%comments in footer stopped working

Old Mar 31, 2009, 12:14 PM
Dimitre

2 posts · Mar 2009
Hello,

I was using this theme with no problems till last update (Athalualpa 3.3.1). When I installed the new version the following problem occurred: parameter %comments stopped working in FOOTER: Single Post Pages. It works in FOOTER: Homepage /with multi posts/. It also works when I switch to the previous version.

Any help from the author will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Dimitre; Mar 31, 2009 at 01:06 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 07:45 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I had not thought about this but it's a result of the new bfa_postinfo.php

I changed bfa_postinfo.php to use simple Wordpress template tags now instead of the lower-level functions that I had built myself in earlier versions.

Now, with the default Wordpress functions, the default WP behavior (no comments link on single post pages) is being applied as well, leading to the result you describe. The advantage of the new way bfa_postinfo.php is written is that plugins can hook into the post info items and do something with them. Translation/multi-language plugins needs this, for instance.

Since a comment link on a single post page would be a jump to a named anchor on the same page rather than a "real link" it would probably be better accomplished with

At Post/Page Info Items -> FOOTER: Single Post Pages
HTML Code:
<a href="#commentform">Write a comment</a>
And right above the jump target, i.e. right above the comment form, in comments.php, add

HTML Code:
<a name="commentform"></a>
Old Apr 24, 2009, 06:40 PM
duping812

12 posts · Feb 2009
I tried to add <a href="#commentform"> in the footer for single post pages, but I think it conflicts with my permalinks. The href value changes to "\commentform". Could you tell me why?

here is my test page,
http://thdp.org/tech/website/useful-flickr-tools
Old Feb 20, 2010, 05:37 PM
adum

85 posts · Jun 2009
I'm having this problem to. The issue is that # is converted to \ because it is used an escape for some letters. There has got to be some way to turn that off, I'm not sure how though.
Old Feb 21, 2010, 12:36 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see the solution I just posted in http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=5199