Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] Facebook Plugin stopped working after upgrade

Old Jul 4, 2014, 11:56 AM
gxxfy

16 posts · Nov 2009
[SOLVED] Facebook Plugin stopped working after upgrade

Hi all,

I upgraded successfully from an old version 3.4.x to the latest version. Everything works well - except my facebook plugin (as well as a - not related - facebook like widget): nothing shows up (under any post). No like button, no comment, nothing.

Also, the widget in the sidebar does not show the like- box (with a standard HTML code):

<div class="fb-like-box" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/greencardgewinner" data-width="200" data-height="210" data-colorscheme="light" data-show-faces="true" data-header="false" data-stream="false" data-show-border="false"></div>

Page is here: http://greencard-gewinner.ch

I did not change any settings, and the facebook plugin reports no issues as well.
What could that be?
Thanks and best,
Goofy
Old Jul 4, 2014, 01:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Try swapping to twenty-fourteen and see if the plugin works then you will know if it is a theme or plugin problem
Old Jul 4, 2014, 01:41 PM
gxxfy

16 posts · Nov 2009
Thanks!

I switched back and the plugin works! Also, the like-box shows up. It has to be theme-related. I am on the latest version of the theme and wordpress.

Best, Goofy
Old Jul 4, 2014, 03:59 PM
gxxfy

16 posts · Nov 2009
I just realized, that the widget in the sidebar gets "altered" by the theme. This is the code within the (text) widget:

<div class="fb-like-box" data-href="https://www.facebook.com/greencardgewinner" data-width="200" data-height="210" data-colorscheme="light" data-show-faces="true" data-header="false" data-stream="false" data-show-border="false"></div>

However, a browser inspector shows for that DIV in this area

div.fb-like-box 229px x 0 px

Not sure why this is happening. The ride sidebar width is set to 250 pixels in the theme options.
Old Jul 4, 2014, 08:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the plugin?
What is in the widget?
What code inspector did you use to see the 'div.fb-like-box 229px x 0 px'? Firefox doesn't show it for me.
Old Jul 5, 2014, 06:12 AM
gxxfy

16 posts · Nov 2009
There are two separate issues:

1) a standard wordpress "text" widget (no plugin) with the code mentioned above (the "like box") does not show up at all with Atahualpa. I can add any text below that code though, and it shows up. You're totally right, I don't see the div showing up at all in Firefox and Chrome either; Safari's webinspector shows it though.

2. Since I upgraded to the latest version of the theme, facebook comments and the like-button (which are supposed to show up below every post and every page) are just gone. I am using the official facebook plugin (latest version, 1.5.5 - http://wordpress.org/plugins/facebook/).

When I switch to Twentyfourteen, both issues are gone, and everything is back to normal. Especially issue number 2 is kinda critical.

Sorry, I don't really know how I should troubleshoot that

Click image for larger version

Name:	fb.jpg
Views:	1636
Size:	191.4 KB
ID:	2568
Old Jul 5, 2014, 06:40 AM
gxxfy

16 posts · Nov 2009
(my last post ist pending due to an attachment)

The code for the fb-comment box (via plugin) is definitely there, also in Atahualpa:

<div class="fb-social-plugin fb-like" data-font="arial" data-ref="below-post" data-href="http://greencard-gewinner.ch/" data-share="true" data-show-faces="true" data-width="450"></div>

However, nothing shows up.