Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Change "montezuma" path from Upload folder...

Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:38 PM
fafa

39 posts · Dec 2012
Hi

I see that theme make style.css and javascript.js in a folder named "montezuma" that is in Upload folder that's so good but I have a problem.

for speed up my site I change Upload folder to sub-domain in another host so when I active theme it can't make "montezuma" folder in upload folder so the theme not work .
I try to make it menually in both base domain and sub-domain but no thing happened ...

I think If is the way to change path of "montezuma" to another directory for example " wp-content" or "theme" or in "montezuma in theme " solve my problem .

i connect 2 host by ftp so the theme can't access to upload folder in sub-domain and.

please help me ... i work on this theme for more than 3-5 days on localhost in my PC and now that I want to use it in my real host show this problem...
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:19 PM
fafa

39 posts · Dec 2012
no reply ....
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:07 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
can you access your dashboard via a browser?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
for speed up my site I change Upload folder to sub-domain in another host
How did you do this
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:42 PM
fafa

39 posts · Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryc
can you access your dashboard via a browser?
yes. wp-admin.php work but the aperance of site not work because the upload folder is in another host that access via FTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
How did you do this
I want from my host they do it .
Old Dec 14, 2012, 03:53 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafa
yes. wp-admin.php work but the aperance of site not work because the upload folder is in another host that access via FTP
Even there, you should be able to test it. It may be some long address like host_name.com/account_name/public_html/foo, but you should still be able to test it somehow.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 05:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Without knowing what they did, I have no help for you and even if you could tell me exactly you have strayed from the standard way of doing things and are in uncharted territories for me.
Quote:
Quote:
How did you do this
I want from my host they do it .
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:42 PM
fafa

39 posts · Dec 2012
Hi

I find how they do it . the process is like this post :

http://hellboundbloggers.com/2010/06...-in-subdomain/

my media sitting is this :

Store uploads in this folder : dl

Full URL path to files : http://dl.MYDOMAIN.com

I don't want show my domain . if you need I send it by private massage .

my Upload folder is in dl folder how can I change it from wp-contant/upload to any other folder like :

http://MYDOMAIN.com
http://MYDOMAIN.com/wp-contant
http://MYDOMAIN.com/plugin

or any other folder except upload folder.

PLease help me ...
Old Dec 22, 2012, 02:50 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
From what I see with WordPress 3.5 you now need to edit wp-config.php to do what you want.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:41 AM
fafa

39 posts · Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
From what I see with WordPress 3.5 you now need to edit wp-config.php to do what you want.
Yes. in wordpress 3.5 they remove it from seting and we shuld do it from wp-config.php .

But because the media in 3.5 not work corectly I use 3.4.2 it's stable .

also I check it in 3.5 but the problem is not versoin of wordpress . the problem is change the path of upload folder of theme.

I think the code is in function.php :

Code:
/* include all functions */
foreach ( glob( get_template_directory() . "/includes/*.php") as $filename) {
    include( $filename );
}

$upload_dir = wp_upload_dir();
/*
 * wp-content/uploads is writable and admin page was called at least once = created static css file exists:
 */
if( is_file( $upload_dir['basedir'] . '/montezuma/style.css' ) ) {
	$bfa_css = '<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="all" href="' . $upload_dir['baseurl'] . '/montezuma/style.css" />';
/*
 * Fallback: wp-content/uploads not writable or CSS file in wp-uploads not created yet 
 * (The Montezuma admin must be visited at least once for this). 
 */
} else {
	$bfa_css = '
/*************************************************************************
Default CSS served INLINE because wp-content/uploads is not writable.
This will change once wp-content/uploads is writable
**************************************************************************/
';
	$bfa_css .= implode( '', file( get_template_directory() . "/admin/default-templates/css/grids/resp12-px-m0px.css" ) );
	foreach ( glob( get_template_directory() . "/admin/default-templates/css/*.css") as $filename) {
		$bfa_css .= implode( '', file( $filename ) );
	}
	$bfa_css = str_replace( '%tpldir%', get_template_directory_uri(), $bfa_css );
	$bfa_css = "\n<style type='text/css'>\n" . $bfa_css . "</style>\n";
}
but I can't how should i change it from upload folder to other place.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:59 PM
fafa

39 posts · Dec 2012
Happy new year

anyone answer me ...

Ok .

If it hard to answer . help me about this:

How can I force theme to use default css & js instead of use "wp-content/uploads/montezuma/*"

if it use them my problem is solved.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 08:02 AM
fafa

39 posts · Dec 2012
Quote:
Without knowing what they did, I have no help for you and even if you could tell me exactly you have strayed from the standard way of doing things and are in uncharted territories for me.
Please help me ? I say how thay do it but don't help me.

If it hard to change " Montezuma" from uploads folder how can I force theme use it's default css that are in theme folder ...

Another solution I think may it work is that I define upload folder menially but its need so time.

I really want use this theme because it use java to load so if some one disable their java so can't access to site . its important when we disable copy or right click in site by ava.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 08:24 AM
fafa

39 posts · Dec 2012
I findddddddddddddddd

I fined not one solution ....

I fined tow solution ...

1. define new upload folder

2. also force theme use it's default css & js

Don't forget that you don't help me...

but I like this theme and want to improve it .

there is a small problem in feautuer image that I want to solve it . when I solve it I give to you my source to use theme if you like.

the problem of featured images is that sometime automatically make featured images from image in post whiteout diffine featured images but sometime not work ... and don't load featured images.

and also featured images use deffult upload folder that if use image from other url it not work.

If you know what's the problem or where should I find source of it maybe help me to solve it faster ...
Old Jan 2, 2013, 09:15 AM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by fafa
I findddddddddddddddd

I fined not one solution ....

I fined two solution ...
Great!

Quote:
there is a small problem in featured image that I want to solve.
There's a patch for the featured image discussed in [thread =18607]this thread[/thread].