Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Editing Html Codes for Page Body?

Old May 19, 2009, 07:09 AM
Craig Mattice

75 posts · Apr 2009
Richmond, VA USA
Send a message via MSN to Craig Mattice Send a message via Yahoo to Craig Mattice Send a message via Skype™ to Craig Mattice
I'm confused. When I visualize my website using Firebug and it shows the html code. I can then edit the html to make it look like I desire but it doesn't, of course, save the action.

Where do I go on my Wordpress and Theme to find the actual html code for editing? I know where the CSS files are and the code exist for Php files in my File Manger and cPanel.

The real question making me crazy right now is where do I find the Page Setup code that establishes the parameters of my Center Page in my WP Visual Editor? I would really like to raise my h1 title up about three or four hard returns.

I can't tell you how much time I've spent trying to find my answer and trial and error hunting around the Theme Attributes control panel.
Old May 19, 2009, 05:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Remember, the actual HTML code that makes up the page is DYNAMICALLY created when you request that page.

If I view your main blog page right now, I will get an HTML page generated based on what is in your database 'now'. If two minutes later, you add a new post and someone else goes to your web site, the HTML generated will be different than what was generated for me.

All that PHP in the theme is the programming code that builds the HTML based on the Theme options, widgets, plugins etc, that you have specified. So the trick is to figure out which one of the theme options effects the area of generated code you want to change.

The style for the center of the page (i.e the area between the header and the footer AND between the left side bar and right sidebar) is set at ATO -> Center. The info in that area, the post/page styling, is set at ATO -> Post/Page Styling.

Hope this points you in the right direction.
Old May 20, 2009, 11:18 AM
Craig Mattice

75 posts · Apr 2009
Richmond, VA USA
Send a message via MSN to Craig Mattice Send a message via Yahoo to Craig Mattice Send a message via Skype™ to Craig Mattice
Now I understand what you mean by dynamic and it makes a great deal of sense.

I've searched through my style.css files and monkeyed around a tad with the padding in my Php Code Edit configuration with no observable results to reduction in the top margin of my h1 title on my first page middle column. I can't believe this is so difficult for me to adjust.

Please, take a moment and look at the first page of my website and see if this question even makes sense asking? http://www.beliefbuilder.com

Honestly? This is the last time and the last place I ask this question.
Old May 20, 2009, 02:31 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Hi, if you mean you want to have the title of the page 'Belief builder...' come closer to the menu bar, you want to play with the ATO -> Post/Page Styling -> POST Container settings

The center column consists of a Post container which has several parts in it,
the KICKER
the HEADLINE
teh BYLINE
the BODY and
the FOOTER

each of the parts can have a padding/margin etc set for it. to see which one might be giving you the extra space, give each one a different color so you can visually see the different area's

P.S. personally I hate it when I go to a page and music starts playing. If it's in the middle of the night and I forgot my speakers are up and something plays, or I'm listening to some music and a pages music starts playing over my music, I get very annoyed. Give the viewer the choice to play or not play the music. I normally won't go back to a page that forces music on me. Just my two cents observation and personal opinion. Now it's off to dulcimer class to make some music(??) well as long as not too many people hear it, I can call it music (grin)

I'll try to put together a page that shows all teh areas in a different color. I did this for my sister a couple weeks ago, but then changed them back.

Last edited by juggledad; May 20, 2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old May 20, 2009, 02:58 PM
Craig Mattice

75 posts · Apr 2009
Richmond, VA USA
This is starting to make some sense to me. I will continue to play with this based on your direction and education to see if I can get it to work.

Yes, I'm trying to get the middle column page title up higher on the white toward the page menu bar above it.

I wish I could download the Finish Strong video so it doesn't start immediately. I bugs the heck out of me too. It seems to be programmed everywhere I looked to immediately engage with no start stop mechanism. I was thinking of privately loading onto my YouTube account then re-embedding it onto my page with all copyright credits and links in tact. Do you think this is a viable solution? Disregard this entire paragraph.

Thank you for your patience and welcomed assistance. I appreciate you time.

Last edited by Craig Mattice; May 21, 2009 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Notation of change.
Old May 21, 2009, 07:31 AM
Craig Mattice

75 posts · Apr 2009
Richmond, VA USA
I was unable to strike through the identified paragraph and didn't wish to delete it as there is a lesson to be learned by all readers.

I went to the main provider website and learned in the FAQ downloading of their videos directly to your own website is prohibited under copyright. Only direct links to the video are allowed. I was able to go into my webpage and delete the video but copy/past the image and make it a direct link. This solves the aggravation of having an instant start video. Thank goodness!
Old May 21, 2009, 11:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Craig,
take a look at my site http://zenofmud.org and you will see the way the sidebar's verses center column can look. I have

ATO->Post/Page Styling->Post Container set to:
border: solid 2px #000000;
padding-top: 0;
padding-bottom: 10px;
padding-left: 10px;
padding-right: 10px;
margin: 0 0 30px 0;
background: #e2e2e2;
-moz-border-radius: 30px;
-khtml-border-radius: 30px;
-webkit-border-radius: 30px;
border-radius: 30px;

and ATO->Post/Page Styling->HEADLINE Box set to:
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
background-image: url(http://www.zenofmud.org/wordpress/wp...gradiant.gif);
background-repeat: repeat-x;
-moz-border-radius: 20px;
-khtml-border-radius: 20px;
-webkit-border-radius: 15px;
border-radius: 20px;

Play around with these settings and see if you can get what you want
Old May 22, 2009, 01:18 PM
Craig Mattice

75 posts · Apr 2009
Richmond, VA USA
Playing with the above.

I believe the solution is to remove the entire Headline Box from the page to move the h1 text in editor title to the page up in it's place. Is this possible.

I currently have the Headline Box as visibility: hidden; so the default Headline from the page is not inserted. Am I doing this page set up bass ackwards? I do want my Headline to be different on each page and mine is a marketing sales website set up vs. a blog set up. Make sense?
Old May 23, 2009, 06:58 AM
Craig Mattice

75 posts · Apr 2009
Richmond, VA USA
Finally figured it out with a great deal of trial and error plus reading Googled questions and forums.

I simply inserted this into my HTML/CSS Inserts:

h1 {
text-align: center;
font-family: "Times New Roman", times;
color: #0000FF;
font-size:250%;
weight: bold;
font-style: italic;
}
h2 {
text-align: center;
font-family: "Times New Roman", time;
color: #FF0000;
font-size;175%;
weight: bold;
font-style: italic;
}
body {
font-family; tahoma, arial, sans-serif;
font-size:.8em;
}
p
{
font-size: 12px;
}

Went to my Post/Page Styling and deleted my h1 title in my visual editor, moved my h2 title up to the top of the page and viola, my middle column text formatted out as desired on all pages.

Thank you for your guidance on this or I never would have figured this out. I still have much to do to build out to a finished product. If you would like to see my results so far, here is my link.

http://www.beliefbuilder.com