Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Unwanted vertical scrollbar in Safari

Old Apr 10, 2009, 04:17 AM
chrisgare

3 posts · Apr 2009
I'm a newcomer to Atahualpa and have managed to sort out all my issues except this one. My site works perfectly on IE and Firefox and Chrome but on Safari every page shows a vertical scrollbar even when the window is clearly large enough. When it isn't, I get two - one on the RHS of the theme and one on the RHS of the wider window.

The unwanted scrollbar is always 100% of the height of the window.

Clues would be most welcome!

Chris
Old Apr 10, 2009, 07:18 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I would have to see this in action.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 08:12 AM
viewdesigninc

35 posts · Mar 2009
I have this same problem in Safari (unwanted vertical scroll bar)

http://lafollettegallery.com/
Old Dec 9, 2009, 06:34 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa are you using?
What modifications have you done?
Old Dec 10, 2009, 08:42 AM
viewdesigninc

35 posts · Mar 2009
Version 3.4.4 with many modifications.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 08:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you are using 3.4.4, why are you using the style.css from 3.2? Something in it is causing your problem

Last edited by juggledad; Dec 11, 2009 at 02:54 AM.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 08:46 PM
viewdesigninc

35 posts · Mar 2009
I didn't know that I was using 3.2 css styles. How could you tell? I've just done routine upgrades. Can I update that without losing all my styles?
Old Dec 11, 2009, 02:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I went to your site and then looked at teh source of a generated page. To find out what was happening I made a copy and stored it locally. I then, using the local copy, started deleting the CSS and after i deleted ALL the css I started deleting what ever was there. Suddenly the scroll bar was gone.

I undid the last bit and found you had a hardcoded reference to another style sheet
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://lafollettegallery.com/home/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/style.css" type="text/css" />

I then, using the address, displayed this style sheet and in side see:

Theme Name: Atahualpa
Theme URI: http://wordpress.bytesforall.com/
Description: Build your own unique, professional and browser-safe WordPress theme: Over 200 theme options, drop down menus for pages and categories, fluid or fixed width layout, 1, 2 or 3 columns, rotating header images, auto image resizing, integrated Feedburner form, 4 extra widgets and more. WP 2.2-2.7 and WPMU. English plus DE, HU, PT, CZ, SI, TR, FR, PL, NL, BG, IT, VN, JP, ES. Support at the <a href="http://forum.bytesforall.com/">BFA WP Forum</a>
Version: 3.2
Author: BFA WebDesign
Author URI: http://www.bytesforall.com/

so somehow you are pulling in the style.css from 3.2 along with the current styling.

I have no idea how or what you have coded, but that's what is happening.
Old Dec 11, 2009, 09:36 AM
viewdesigninc

35 posts · Mar 2009
Any suggestions on a fix?
Old Dec 11, 2009, 09:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
See the PM (private message) I sent you. (top right of this window)