Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Make category menu bar full width

Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:13 AM
howardhill

13 posts · Dec 2010
My developing site is here

www.wantage.org

I need the 3 menu items to remain where they are, but I'd like the green menu bar to occupy the full width; same as the header.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Howard
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
take a look thru the forums and you will find the answer - you can do a search and restrict it to a particular subforum
Old Jan 4, 2011, 05:29 PM
howardhill

13 posts · Dec 2010
Thanks.

Yes, I have spent about an hour reading through the forums, using various search terms, and I have tried restricting to the menu bars one.

Guess I'll have to keep looking....
Old Jan 4, 2011, 05:42 PM
howardhill

13 posts · Dec 2010
Well I can't find the answer.

If you can give me a clue I'd be very grateful.

Ta
Old Jan 4, 2011, 06:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Take a look at the fifth thread in this forum
Old Jan 5, 2011, 02:53 AM
howardhill

13 posts · Dec 2010
I found the thread; its one I had already discovered and tried as follows in CSS inserts...

div#menu2 {border: solid 1px #004d05; background: #004d05;}

Sadly, this didn't do the trick :O(

However, I have now changed the %cat-center to %cats and the menu bar now goes across the page. Great! Of course, my new problem is that the menu itself is no longer centred.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 04:15 AM
howardhill

13 posts · Dec 2010
I have cleared out the CSS Insert section and all that is left is a much cleaner...

td#header {
padding-bottom: 15px;}

td#middle {
padding: 0;}

div#menu2 {border: solid 1px #004d05; background: #004d05;}

ul.rMenu li {
padding-top: 0px;
margin: 0px 50px 0px 50px;}

If I add a width setting, then it fills the width but the menu itself becomes left aligned. I have tried all sorts of permutations (except the one that works!) and I think I am pretty stuck.

Does anyone now how I get my green horizontal menu bar to stretch full width with the menu items in the middle please?

Thanks
Howard