Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Adding Widgets within the Footer - Multiple rows?

Old Dec 19, 2010, 01:21 AM
ssoszka

75 posts · Apr 2009
Oregon, USA
Send a message via Skype™ to ssoszka
Lightbulb Adding Widgets within the Footer - Multiple rows?

Hello,

I'm trying to add some widgets to the footer so I may have some additional content in that area. I have a few questions about the coding and additional parameters if they are needed.

Here's a picture of my ultimate goal:

I've have "widget area 1" in place - this can be seen on my site - I added this code in the footer content area: <?php bfa_widget_area('name=Footer Widget 1&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?> . So that seems to work.

Now if I've reading the instructions correctly, I can add multiple widgets to a single widget area, right? If so, will my widgets align horizontally across the page or vertically? Horizontal is the plan.

Finally, my final goal to have the most important links from my site page at the bottom of my footer in four colums - in a nice but small font. I thought widgets might be the answer there too. If not any better ideas?

Of course at the bottom would be all the current code: "<p>Copyright &copy; %current-year% %home% - All Rights Reserved" etc.

So any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Shawn
Old Dec 19, 2010, 06:08 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Your first two items seem OK but I am not real clear on what you want the third item to be. You can add a four celled widget area and use widgets their as well but maybe I am not understanding correctly.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 09:53 AM
ssoszka

75 posts · Apr 2009
Oregon, USA
Send a message via Skype™ to ssoszka
Thanks for the reply Larry,

The third item should be 4 columns of links within in my site. Here is an example of what it would look like (look at the footer). My question is do I even need a widget for this function or can do this by some other method??
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:13 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I suppose you could use four divs that are floated next to one another and add the links in them but I would just use what seems the easiest for you to implement.