Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

How to remove powered by... in footer

Old May 24, 2010, 03:05 PM
gnosis

173 posts · May 2010
How to remove powered by... in footer?
Old May 24, 2010, 05:07 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
There is a how to in the gold forum tutorial section
Old May 25, 2010, 06:38 AM
gnosis

173 posts · May 2010
Actually, I went tot he Gold Forums and it did not appear populated with any posts/tutorials. Can you include a URL?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Stephen
Old May 25, 2010, 07:18 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
The gold forums are available to anyone who has donated at least $20
Old May 25, 2010, 10:00 AM
gnosis

173 posts · May 2010
Oh, no non-profit waiver? I work for a library and would take several months to get a purchase order generated and lucky to get it approved; especially in this fiscal environment of cutbacks and layoffs. If a waiver cannot be granted can, so I can report to my administrators, can you give me a rundown off the different levels of support and minimum price tags? Your consideration is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Stephen
Old May 25, 2010, 10:40 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What I did was just donate $20 to get access to the Gold Forum where the instructions for removing the footer links are. I have since donated more than that as this forum has been invaluable. That price seems VERY reasonable to me for the support and info I get here.
Old May 25, 2010, 02:43 PM
gnosis

173 posts · May 2010
It is an admin issue paying the 20 bucks because I need a purchase order and approval, otherwise out of my pocket. Meanwhile is there a page listing the types of service and costs? Thank you.
Old May 25, 2010, 04:14 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
That's what I was saying. I just donated the $20 which is the cost for access into the Gold forums. Access to the Diamond forums is granted to anyone who has donated $100 or more. Those costs are shown on the home page of the forum under Donor Forums.
Old May 25, 2010, 04:38 PM
pcwood

2 posts · May 2010
East Coast
How is it that you are missing their point that they need the info now and it would take months to get the resource paid for?
Old May 25, 2010, 07:32 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I'm sorry... I was probably a bit flippant with my answer. I do understand that often times procedures get in the way and getting an expense approved can be frustrating and take time. What I was saying is that maybe there is a way to get someone or someones to donate the $20 and not worry about "getting it approved" and so bypass the bureaucracy.
Old May 25, 2010, 07:45 PM
Jurgen Estanislao

76 posts · May 2010
Hi Guys,

I'm new to Atahualpa. I've been reading this thread and (I hope I'm not mistaken) I just wanted to ask if it's possible to remove all sidebars on the 404 page?

In that way I can capitalize on my site's usability. I recently moved from Blogger to Wordpress and I am actually expecting a lot of 404s from my old blog.

Thanks!
Old May 26, 2010, 07:11 AM
gnosis

173 posts · May 2010
The following page does not elaborate the benefits of each level of donation:

http://forum.bytesforall.com/awc_ds.php?do=donation

Can you provide some elaboration?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Stephen
Old May 26, 2010, 08:10 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
It's not that formal Stephen. Initially I just wanted to remove the footer links and so donated $20. Later I found the forum very useful and just wanted to help out which is really what the money is all about. Posting the the Gold and Diamond forums however does get a higher level of importance but I wouldn't know how to quantify that. Bottom line it is supporting the development of Atahualpa with the bonus of special tips which are added to from time to time.
Old Jun 18, 2010, 04:15 PM
writerguy

1 posts · Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
The gold forums are available to anyone who has donated at least $20
How long does it take to get Gold Forum access once we've made a $20 donation?

I donated about an hour, hour and a half ago. I assume it's just too early to have been processed yet, would that be the deal?

Thanks.

Gary
Old Jun 18, 2010, 04:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
were you logged in at the time? Send me a PM with the paypal confirmation and I'll take a look.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:07 AM
georgia.swede

2 posts · Jun 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by gnosis
How to remove powered by... in footer?
Connect to ftp, get the original footer file, just edit the "footer" template, and upload it again.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:13 AM
georgia.swede

2 posts · Jun 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Hi, what's the advantage of donating $20 or more, just want to know the benefit in a nutshell so I can do it too if it's really good. Thank you so much for taking the time.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 10:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Directions on how to remove footer text
Access to other tutorials in the gold forum tutorials
Access to gold forum, get higher priority on posts
Satisfaction of helping the theme continue (Flynn has to make a living if he is to continue developing the theme)
Keep me around answering questions (I don't get paid to support this)
Prove you value others time as much as your own