Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

I need help adding a border image to the outside of my page

Old Oct 24, 2009, 01:31 PM
notimtolose

3 posts · Oct 2009
I would like to add an image running the length of my page on the right and left.
A thin line on the left 5px wide, and a thicker one on the right 30px wide.
Is this possible?

Thank you!

Tim
Old Oct 24, 2009, 02:11 PM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
If you are simply looking to add a line, you can add a border to the main body (center content) of the layout. Could you possibly include a link to an example of what you are seeking to do?
Old Oct 24, 2009, 02:34 PM
notimtolose

3 posts · Oct 2009
Hi, thanks

Here is the original (under construction) website which I am going to integrate into this theme.

http://www.danceacrosscultures.org/sponsorship.html

The peach colored image running along the sides of are the images I was referring to. Id like to do something similar in Atahualpa.

Thanks!
Old Oct 24, 2009, 02:56 PM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
That can definitely be done, however, it does depend on what you want exactly. If you simply want to duplicate the bars, having one on the right side and one on the left of a different width, you would make those changes in the Layout Container Style section underneath the Overall Style & Config. section of the theme options tab.

If would look something like:

HTML Code:
border-right: solid 10px #FFB70F;
border-left: solid 20px #FFB70F;
Obviously, you should change the hex code to the color you want, as well as change the px to the sizes you need.

I hope this helps!

If you want to replicate the text inside the border you showed me, then it would probably work out best to use an image, which gets a bit more complicated.
Old Oct 24, 2009, 03:12 PM
notimtolose

3 posts · Oct 2009
Thanks, that get me closer, however I want the border to begin at 60px below the top of the page, and end 100 px above the bottom. In my original site I just had an image that was at the right size. Do you know if I can insert an image there, or am I limited to the border only?
Old Oct 24, 2009, 04:23 PM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
You can change that by editing the padding for the entire layout under the Body Style section of the Body, Text, and Links section of theme options, just go to that section and add:

HTML Code:
padding-top: 60px;
padding-bottom: 100px;
And see if that gives you what you want. Good luck!