Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Best practices for upgrading from WP 2.7 to 2.8?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 11, 2009, 07:16 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Best practices for upgrading from WP 2.7 to 2.8?

I'm running ATA and WP 2.7 on several sites. My main site is my newspaper, and the theme has gotten a lot of customization. I'm afraid of upgrading to WP 2.8 and/or the next version of ATA. Since this question and answer might be useful to others, I've posted here instead of IM'ing Flynn.

Other than just doing a database backup, what would be the best way to approach such an upgrade?