Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Can I change the background colour from white?

Old Apr 5, 2009, 04:35 PM
andytaylor

8 posts · Apr 2009
[SOLVED] Can I change the background colour from white?

Hi. Perhaps this is just an option I've missed somewhere, but is there an option to set the background colour of the whole site to light grey (just like on these forums).

This really is a great theme by the way. I've only just found wordpress and this is making it very easy!!! (So impressed I've just donated!)
Old Apr 5, 2009, 05:05 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Flynn made it really easy. Go to your Atahualpa theme options/Body, Text and Links, and look at the body style. The default is white, #ffffff. A light gray would be #cccccc. If you're not familiar with the colors used in webpages, check out http://www.digitdesigns.com/colrPick/framePic.htm. Remember, you need the # when entering a color code.
Old Apr 5, 2009, 09:53 PM
ShadoWarrior

2 posts · Apr 2009
When I created my blog I flipped the colors from black-on-white to white-on-black. My problem is that this messes up the calendar widget and I haven't been able to figure out where/how to fix it. You can see the result on my site. Can someone please clue me in to how to get the calendar's title and no-activity dates to show? Thanks.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 02:57 AM
andytaylor

8 posts · Apr 2009
Wow, thanks for all the speedy help!

That's exactly what I wanted. I assumed the "body" section was for the background of the frames or something. But thinking about it now, of course, you can do those individually so there wouldn't be a need for that.

Thanks again.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 05:16 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadoWarrior
When I created my blog I flipped the colors from black-on-white to white-on-black. My problem is that this messes up the calendar widget and I haven't been able to figure out where/how to fix it. You can see the result on my site. Can someone please clue me in to how to get the calendar's title and no-activity dates to show? Thanks.
See http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1096
Old Apr 6, 2009, 08:20 AM
ShadoWarrior

2 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks! All fixed now.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:20 AM
kentstattoos

10 posts · Apr 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulae
Flynn made it really easy. Go to your Atahualpa theme options/Body, Text and Links, and look at the body style. The default is white, #ffffff. A light gray would be #cccccc. If you're not familiar with the colors used in webpages, check out http://www.digitdesigns.com/colrPick/framePic.htm. Remember, you need the # when entering a color code.
I would like to do this also , but i dont see it when i go to my file manager then athualpa file , options , then theres no listing for body or text and links ... ?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 11:51 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
See Wordpress Site Admin -> Appearance -> Atahualpa Theme Options

These are not files but clickable links in the Wordpress admin area.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:06 PM
kentstattoos

10 posts · Apr 2009
ohhhhhhhhh. got it , sorry im a newb ... Started on a blog forum , then got my hosting and spent time on the hosting forum , now im here for a while .

thanks !
Old May 25, 2009, 05:44 AM
timdevogel

141 posts · May 2009
Strange thing is, I can't get it to work for me...
Old Oct 25, 2009, 07:21 PM
sarge

16 posts · Oct 2009
I cannot get the background color to change either?

I have typed in the following in the body style section of the options: font-family: tahoma, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 0.8em; color: #000000; background: #CCCCFF;

Then I click to save changes, but the background color never changes.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 05:29 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
In sarge's case, he had two background:#xxxxxx; in the Body style and the second one was background:#FFFFFF; which overrode the first. Removing the second allowed the first color choice to be applied
Old Dec 15, 2009, 10:52 PM
Steve@Nightingale

3 posts · Dec 2009
Atahualpa333 Theme...URGENT help required please...I copied and pasted a table and some content from another site into one of my pages. Since then my entire background colour has gone black, with the exception of the side-bars...
http://www.earlnightingale.com.au/military_network/

I have overwritten the "style.css" file from an earlier saved copy, but this hasn't helped.
I have also checked the settings in admin and they are all showing the correct setting for white...I desperately need to fix this can you please assist?

Best regards,
Steve

Last edited by Steve@Nightingale; Dec 15, 2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: grammatical errors