Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

Categories admin page missing

Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:09 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Categories admin page missing

This is so odd. For the last few days, my categories page is missing. That is, if I click on Categories under Post, I see a blank page. If I click on Dashboard, then in the Right Now/At a glance box, I click on Categories, they all show up just fine. In fact, nothing appears wrong with anything else, just the categories page when clicked from Categories under Post.

Over at wordpress.org, I found this thread: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/165126?replies=15

It appears that a database table was corrupted for some of these folks. I have tried deactivating several plugins, first the WP-Sticky one mentioned, then the others that I think were installed around the time I noticed the missing categories page. Nothing has helped yet, but I haven't tried repairing the table.

I did let mySQL check wp_posts and it didn't show a problem. Then I did a screen cap of the structure. http://www.larchmontgazette.com/postcat.pdf
Is that how it should look?

And here, it looks like there are no categories for these posts, yet they show up fine on the site.
http://www.larchmontgazette.com/postcat2.pdf

Last edited by paulae; Mar 30, 2009 at 06:40 AM.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:10 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
My wp_posts table shows a few more fields like GUID, post_parent, menu_order, post_type, comment_count, in WP 2.7

What I don't have (but you do) is sidebar_title and sidebar_content.

Those look like they don't belong there unless a plugin put them there.

There were 2 more suggestions in that thread, one being to upload a fresh /wp-admin/ directory, the other to repair the table in PhpMyadmin. It looks like the table is kaput
Old Mar 31, 2009, 05:42 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Is there any chance that by uploading a clean admin directory, I'll end up losing anything?
Old Mar 31, 2009, 07:17 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
No, a new admin directory shouldn't do any harm.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 07:22 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
I see something in wp-admin called az_sem_cache. I am using AZ Index plugin, so I assume it comes with that. Should I delete the whole directory before uploading the clean one, or just overwrite the old files and let new things like az_sem_cache stay?
Old Mar 31, 2009, 08:10 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
OK, I re-installed wp-admin, but nothing changed. I still do not see the categories page when I click on Categories, but the site is working fine otherwise.

Flynn, are you interested in some paid trouble-shooting? I doubt this is a theme issue, so I think we should move to a consultancy status.