Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Navigation plugin integration

Old Mar 5, 2009, 08:42 AM
nello

12 posts · Mar 2009
Hello
I am trying to integrate a navigation plugin (Pagebar) in my theme, in order to exchange the "older posts / newer posts" (Next/prevois navigation) choice with a "Page 1 2 3 4 ... 25" one.

How can I place my navigation plugin at the bottom of the posts (eg. where I have the "older posts / newer posts" right now) ?

I am able to insert it at the bottom of the page, after the "Powered by WordPress · Atahualpa Theme by BytesForAll" line, but the navigation tool is pretty much useless in that position since no user will see it.

Thanks in advance

nello
Old Mar 5, 2009, 09:37 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Are you using WP-PageNavi? That should work automatically, without the need to edit anything
Old Mar 5, 2009, 03:59 PM
nello

12 posts · Mar 2009
Flynn,
your answers on the support forum are by far the fastest I have ever seen.
Thanks for the help and keep up with you great work.
Cheers

nello
Old Mar 31, 2009, 03:43 PM
lion.gem

9 posts · Feb 2009
Hello,
does anybody test this pagenavi plugin with Atahualpa theme?
It seems won't work. I have installed Pagenavi, WP Email and WP CommentNavi all these from the same developer: http://lesterchan.net/portfolio/programming/php/
I followed the instructions, but nothing.

Am i doing something wrong or these plugins are not compatible?

Last edited by lion.gem; Mar 31, 2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 06:45 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Are you sure you have the right plugin version? The Lester Chan plugins are usually different for each Wordpress version. Some of them also require that you rebuild your Permalinks (WP Site Admin -> Settings -> Permalinks -> Click "Save Changes")
Old Apr 1, 2009, 01:18 AM
lion.gem

9 posts · Feb 2009
Hello Flynn.
Thank you for your answer. Yes, i have the latest version from his website. Also, i double check it from wordpress.org if there is other version there.
Only pagenavi works ok after some try's, but the other plugins such commentsNavi and wp-email won't.
After some search to his forum, i found that other people have this issue, but it works ok with the default theme of wordpress.
Anyway, i'll try again.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 08:24 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
If memory serves right, WP-Email requires that you re-build the Permalinks. (See post above). I have not tried CommentsNavi yet.