Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Problem CSS with long menu

Old Aug 25, 2013, 06:42 PM
SckyzO

5 posts · Aug 2013
Hi all, i have a problem with long menu.
See screenshot

Click image for larger version

Name:	error_montuza_menu.png
Views:	2255
Size:	206.8 KB
ID:	2399

If you have a solution ... I can not do.

Regards,
Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:52 AM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
Interesting. Image thumbs have a z-index of 1000, main menu items have a z-index of 100000, while submenus (menu1-smooth) have a z-index of only 10, which is why they are showing up behind the thumb. And the submenu z-index is an inline style.

Try adding this at the end of your various.css virtual CSS file:
Code:
#menu1-smooth div {
 	z-index: 100000 !important;
}
Old Nov 23, 2013, 10:28 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
OK, I had to make a change. I found out that while sub-menus have a z-index of 10, sub-sub-menus (third level menus) have a z-index of 11, and setting the above CSS sets both second and third level menus to the same z-index, which caused my third level menus to get partially hidden behind the second level menus. So, instead, I changed the z-index of the image thumbs to 9 to insure that they would get hidden behind the second and third level menus:
Code:
.hentry .img_wrapper img {
  z-index: 9 !important;
}
I had to use the !important clause to override the inline style.