Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Is the Unlinking of First Level Parent Items still available in 3.5.3?

Old Aug 9, 2010, 09:05 AM
eoghan1

2 posts · Aug 2010
Hi,

I have been upgrading to the latest versions of Atahualpa over the last few months. I gratefully used JuggleDad's fix on 3.5.1 to correct the padding and highlighting on my page menus. Then when 3.5.3 came out, incorporating the use of the new WP3 custom menus, I was happy to set up my Page menu in the recommended way, in the position of Menu 1.

The problem is that I no longer seem to be able to unlink first level parent items in that Pages menu. I understand that the relevant option in the Atahualpa Theme Options section is overridden by my using of the WP3 Menus tool, but is there really no way for me to now unlink those first level items.

The site in question is: http://www.apecampaign.org
The menus in question are About, Sign Up, Apes, Threats and Resources.

I've read through other forum threads that touch on this subject, but they seem to suggest that it has been solved (e.g. http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=8079). Am I missing something very obvious?

Thank you in advance...
Eoghan
Old Aug 9, 2010, 09:09 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
once you use the new wordpress menus, the menu is no longer under the control of Atahualpa except for some of the styling.

So the answer is YES, if you use the standard Atahualpa menus, the unlinking works fine, but NO if you use the new Wordpress menuing
Old Aug 9, 2010, 09:14 AM
eoghan1

2 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks for the very fast response Paul.

Other than forgoing the user-friendly drag-and-drop menu building, does you see any significant drawback to me reverting to the Atahualpa menus? It seems like a retrograde step to be taking, but I guess it's the best (or only) option if I want to unlink those parent items.

Eoghan
Old Aug 9, 2010, 11:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You could build the wordpress menu and just use a fake parent menu - no link in it, then add your sub pages/categories below it