Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Transferring a modified atahualpa theme from one site to another

Old Oct 26, 2010, 08:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I use CuteFTP but it costs. FileZilla is free though
Old Oct 29, 2010, 06:05 PM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
Hi JuggleDad. Any chance you could send me this document that you mentioned? I"m tyring to figure out how to transfer my site to a new domain. Apparently it's not as simple as using the Export/Import functions in ATO. I tried it and nothing seemed to happen at all.
Old Oct 29, 2010, 07:31 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
When you say you tried to export and import and nothing happened do you mean you now have two sites and you are trying to make one look like the other or you want to totally move a site to a new server?
Old Oct 29, 2010, 08:12 PM
jstein

95 posts · Sep 2010
I have www.jonathanstein.org pretty well built. But I decided on a new name for the company so bought the domain name and now want to transfer the whole site over to www.embodiedawakeninginstitute.com.

But since I'm using the same host company, I assume that means it would still be on the same server, yes?

So, in ATO 3.5.3, using the Start>Import/Export option at the top of the options list, I first Export the text file from jonathanstein.org to my desktop. Then Imported it to my new site, expecting (niavely) that something amazing was going to happen. Actually, something amazing did happen! ...Nothing! :'D

Can you help?

Thanks again!
Old Oct 29, 2010, 08:18 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Now I am clear. And just to be sure are both of those sites are using 3.5.3?
Old Oct 30, 2010, 04:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well the easy way of doing this would have been to point the new domain name at the same folder that the current domain points to. then go into and change the wordpress url. that way both domain names would bring up the same site and use the same database.

creating a DUPLICATE of an existing site involves a number of steps. It is best to follow the instructions in the WordPress Codex: Moving WordPress

to just copy the Atahualpa settings to a new (or old) WordPress site
1) make sure both versions of Atahualpa are at the same version (3.4.9 or higher)
2) go to the old site and EXPORT the settings (ATO->Export/Import Settings)
3) go to the new site and IMPORT the settings (ATO->Export/Import Settings)
now you will have a copy of the settings without having touched the users, posts, images, plugins etc

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 22, 2012 at 06:31 AM.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:20 AM
djt111

3 posts · Feb 2011
I have just done exactly what you have described above - steps 1 to 8 to copy my entire wordpress site to a new url - copied the entire wordpress file and directory structure, created a new blank database, exported the old one, modified all the domain names and db paths and imported it, changed wp-config, and uploaded it all.

Everything works fine - except the Options that I had set up in the Atahualpa theme are not there, it is just like a new installation.

I know that I can export the old settings and import them to the new site, but I would have thought that they would have been transferred when I moved and edited the database.

Should I have changed any other files to tell Atahualpa where the options in the database are?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 04:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What version of atahualpa?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 05:52 AM
djt111

3 posts · Feb 2011
It is version 3.7.3
Old Feb 22, 2012, 06:32 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Instead of trying to duplicate what WordPress describes, I've changed the description in post #31 to point at the WordPress decription. See if that helps.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 08:11 AM
djt111

3 posts · Feb 2011
I followed the Wordpress Codex to do the transfer, which worked well, and only came searching on the forum when I had a problem with the Atahualpa theme settings not being there. That's when I found this thread, which seems to describe the same problem.

The correct settings are in the new database in bfa_ata4, but they are just not being used when the theme starts up. It just seems to use the default values.