Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /

Old Apr 19, 2010, 08:14 PM
mathmojo

21 posts · Oct 2009
Hi. I don't speak "PHP" and this thing just hosed my site:
Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /home/mathmo2/public_html/chronicles/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 1229

I tried commenting out that line, and the relevant ones above and below it, but that unleashed a series of other fatal errors. So I uncommented them. Now I'm stuck with my entire site hosed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Brian
Old Apr 20, 2010, 04:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and wp?
What is the URL?

What have you recently changed?

To see if it is an Atahualpa issue, you could delete the theme from the themes folder (remember to make a copy first if you have added anything like images)

To see if it is a plugin issue, you can delete all your plugins but make note of all or them so you can add them back
Old Apr 20, 2010, 05:20 AM
mathmojo

21 posts · Oct 2009
What version of Atahualpa and wp?
WP 2.9.2
http://www.mathmojo.com/chronicles/2...ons-2/recently added the above post, and used the amazonify plugin (e.g. [amazonify]0486428044[/amazonify])
Atahualpa 3.4.4

I commented out just the offending line and I got my blog back, but the most recent post has backslashes before apostrophes.

Seems like it's a 'stripslash_deep' problem. I'm trying to figure it out, but this is what it looks like:

function stripslashes_deep($value) {
#$value = is_array($value) ? array_map('stripslashes_deep', $value) : stripslashes($value);
return $value;
}

Update: I just got rid of the amazonify stuff, and things are working fine. Guess that's what it was. Thanks.

Thanks for the swift help. Ill just donated. You guys definitely deserve it for the great theme and great support.

Brian

Last edited by mathmojo; Apr 20, 2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2010, 11:27 PM
mathmojo

21 posts · Oct 2009
Well, I spoke too soon. Two days later, same problem. I'm at the stage where I commented the line out, so at least the error message doesn't appear. But I'd really like to get this solved, because if I post anything, it comes up with backslashes around quotes and apostrophes. Got any hints?

Thanks,

Brian
Old May 16, 2010, 01:02 PM
mathmojo

21 posts · Oct 2009
Guys, I'm really at my wit's end.

Things worked out fine for awhile after I deactivated amazonify and deleted all it's files. I thought that was it, but I was wrong. We're back to square one, although I do have some more info.

Still using WP 2.9.2 and Atahualpa 3.4.4

When I create a draft, I get the:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class stdClass could not be converted to string in /home/mathmo2/public_html/chronicles/wp-includes/formatting.php on line 1229

warning, when I go to view the post. It only gives this warning on the page for this post, not previous ones.

I tried over and over, and noticed that it does not do this until I put in tags in the "Tags (comma separated list)" box. If I write a draft without filling in that box, all is fine. But, of course, I'd like to be able to fill in that box for SEO purposes.

The offending line in the formatting.php file is the one in bold, below.

/**
* Navigates through an array and removes slashes from the values.
* If an array is passed, the array_map() function causes a callback to pass the
* value back to the function. The slashes from this value will removed.
* @since 2.0.0
* @param array|string $value The array or string to be striped.
* @return array|string Stripped array (or string in the callback).
*/
function stripslashes_deep($value) {
$value = is_array($value) ? array_map('stripslashes_deep', $value) : stripslashes($value);
return $value;

}

I just published the post with no problems. I left out the tags, of course. It's at:
http://www.mathmojo.com/chronicles/2...h-terminology/

Any hints?
Old May 16, 2010, 01:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What happens if you switch to the default theme?
Old May 16, 2010, 01:22 PM
mathmojo

21 posts · Oct 2009
Good point. Just switched themes and the same damned thing happened. So it's not an issue for you guys. Maybe it's one of my (too many) plugins. I guess I have to go fool around with plugins one at a time again.

Thanks for you help.

If you come up with any suggestions, though, I'm all ears.

Brian
Old May 16, 2010, 10:45 PM
mathmojo

21 posts · Oct 2009
Well it looks like I solved it for real this time.

It was the plugin "Text Control."

I disabled it, deleted it, and Bob's your uncle, no more problems. I'm pretty sure this one is gone for good. It was an old plugin, and had no more functionality, anyway.

Good riddance!

B