Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Post by Post Sidebar Generator Widget?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 10, 2009, 04:35 PM
Rashell

67 posts · May 2009
Help [SOLVED] Post by Post Sidebar Generator Widget?

I just plugged in the Sidebar Generator Widget which allows me to create unique content sidebars and assign each sidebar on a page by page or post by post basis via a drop down menu in the write/edit post page.

I was originally using Widget Logic to accomplish the general goal but I found myself copying the same code over and over since I wanted several instances of the same widget(s) on maybe 5 pages and not on the rest. With this I make one sidebar fill it with a widget(s) and then assign it to a page then... go to the next page without having to revisit the widget page every time I want to add or subtract sidebar information from a page.

HOWever,

The plugin requires I switch each instance of

dynamic_sidebar

to

generated_dynamic_sidebar

in the sidebar.php (which ATA 3.4.4 doesn't seem to have).

Went to the functions.php file and found the term twice. When I switched them, the new sidebar was created but it filled every instance of the new widgets I'd created with the "add widget area" formula. It didn't show up in the L, LI, R, RI sidebars.

I'd like to be able to control the 4 original (L, LI, R, RI) positions with this plugin.

Would that be possible and are there parts of the code I should just never touch?

Thanks much,

Rashell

BTW-- This theme is absolutely intense. My website looks very simple from the front but most importantly it doesn't look like a blog. That is until you get to the posts and you see "bloggy" style formatting (on purpose). Very cool!!!!