Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Can't locate main html page for editing

Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:07 AM
WolfMama

10 posts · Feb 2011
Hi, a while ago I was able to add google adsense to my blogs main page. I'd like to go in and edit it, and add some other things as well. It is in the right column.

However, I simply can't seem to locate the main html that has the coding in it. I did it before, without using a program. Can someone please tell me where to locate it so I can edit it?

http://wolfmama.lillight.com

Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:15 AM
runnerb0y

67 posts · Nov 2010
It sounds like you're using an AD plugin of some sort. Most likely those options are associated with that plugin.

As far as the Theme is concerned...all the easily editable (is that a word?) items are controlled through the WP-Admin screens in the Appearance tab. In there you have an item listed as Atahualpa Theme Options (often abbreviated in this forums as ATO).

Not knowing how you incorporated the Google ADS into your site originally, it's a bit tough to offer much legitimate advice on how to change it. I think if you explore the Plugins and the ATO options, you'll figure it out.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:18 AM
WolfMama

10 posts · Feb 2011
Hi, Runner, I really appreciate your prompt response!

I went through my entire admin section, and none of those pages seems to have the google ad.

I'm pretty sure I opened the main page and encoded it myself.

If you go to my site, right click and view source, you'll see the code, and the google ad is in that code. I just can't find the document that has that main page coding. I even re-downloaded the entire directory, and did a search, and still can't find it.

I'll take another look through the admin. But, do you have any idea what the name of that document is?

Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:41 AM
WolfMama

10 posts · Feb 2011
Just went through everything, again.

The Atahualpa Theme Options only lets me change the cosmetic layout look (e.g., link color, which I did need to change, so that was helpful. Thank you.). But, it doesn't give what is needed to change content (add ads, etc.).

I went into both editors (plugins and themes), and went through ever php page. None of them contain the content with the google ad, nor the html that shows at the top of the page that shows when viewing page source.

So, I still need to access that page. How do I do that? I should be able to download it via ftp program. I can't find it at all (and files are not hidden in ftp program. I double checked.).

Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:42 AM
runnerb0y

67 posts · Nov 2010
The Google ADS are showing in your right sidebar. They are most likely there because of a Widget and if that's the case, they are most likely the result of a Plugin. In the WP-Admin Page you have a Plugins section. In there I suspect is a Google ADS plugin. Some plugins are directly "editable" there, some create their own sections in the WP-Admin menu (on the left hand side of the page) and usually have a myriad of options/settings that can be affected in that area.

When you say you opened the "main page and encoded it yourself", I think you may be mistaken. You certainly can edit the various .php files associated with the Atahualpa Theme, but unless you really know what you're doing, it's not recommended. It's highly recommended that you use the ATO options located in the Appearance Section.

Hope that gets you to your solution.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 11:51 AM
WolfMama

10 posts · Feb 2011
The only plugin I have is Hello Dolly. I have no other plug in, and I've not downloaded one.

A google ad plugin won't help me much, because I need to encode an ad directly, myself, that is not a google ad.

Do you know where is the main page that is showing up when I view source? I don't know much about css and that, true. But, I can code the html aspect, as I know how to do that.

I can't find any other way throughout the entire admin that shows that page, or the google ad.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 01:13 PM
runnerb0y

67 posts · Nov 2010
When I look at the page source where the ads are coming from, it looks like this.
Code:
<div id="text-414627141" class="widget widget_text">						<div class="textwidget"><script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-7249778031858524";
/* 160x600, created 4/24/09 */
google_ad_slot = "5354278858";
google_ad_width = 160;
google_ad_height = 600;
//-->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>
</div>
</div>
To my eye, that looks like you have established a Text Widget and are using java inside that widget. I'd say open the WP-Admin page and look at the Appearance section. In there open the Widgets option and open the Right Sidebar widget and see what's in there.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 01:14 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It's not in the theme, chech your posts and pages, maybe you hard coded it
Old Feb 10, 2011, 01:33 PM
WolfMama

10 posts · Feb 2011
Just saw your post, Runnerboy. Yeah, that's how I did it! I just figured it out when JuggleDad referred me to look at the widgets for the tag.

Thanks! This was very frustrating to resolve. The WordPress forums only referred me to a plugin, too, but I was pretty sure I'd coded it somehow. I don't use plugins much, because they get confusing.