Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Widget Area validation error in W3.org

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 3, 2011, 02:59 AM
mimi

70 posts · Feb 2009
over there...
Bug Widget Area validation error in W3.org

I am sure it's not so bad, but it's worth mentioning and possibly getting it fixed.

I tried the following two options in the footer area:

Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My Footer Widget&cells=4&align=2&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="my-footer-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>
AND the ATA example:

Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My widget area&cells=4&align=1&align_2=9&align_3=7&width_4=700&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>
BOTH output the following error at http://validator.w3.org/ (you can enter your own url and see for yourself):

Code:
Validation Output: 1 Error

Line 340, Column 135: document type does not allow element "table" here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins", "del" start-tag
…"table-layout:fixed;width:100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr>
✉
The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned. This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that you've forgotten to close a previous element.

One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline element (such as "<a>", "<span>", or "<font>").
When I remove the widgets completely, the error is gone, obviously.