Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Hide the right sidebar for subscribers

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 3, 2011, 08:39 PM
dcclxi

10 posts · May 2011
[SOLVED] Hide the right sidebar for subscribers

Hello,

First thank so much for this theme, I have spent months looking for something flexible enough but still easy to use and Atahualpa is simply perfect!

My question is about the sidebars. I would like to know how I can hide the right sidebar if the user is "only" a subscriber.

The website I have set up is only accessible to registered users. They are divided into two classes: those who are subscribers and those are not. The subscribers have a restricted view of the content (they only see posts from one category only). That restriction unfortunately does not spread to all widgets, so I would like to hide the right sidebar (to hide its widgets).

I took a look at the theme code via the WP Editor, but I can't work out where the Atahualpa code creates the HTML/CSS for the sidebars. I thought that perhaps I could add a
if (!current_user_can('delete_posts') ) { ... } // user is a subscriber
somewhere, but I don't find the right place.

I would prefer not to have to do any code change, but so far it is the only solution that is likely to work.

I would really appreciate any help on this...
dcclxi